RS S400 or similar dimensions

Reefrats

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2019
Messages
177
Reaction score
126
Location
Pompano Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! New to the hobby. I really like the dimensions of the Red Sea Max S-400 but I want a refugium and there is no room for one. I also need a chiller, as I am in FL and we keep the house relatively warm. I plumbed my spot for a RO filter so I don’t need an ATO. I like the waterbox but I keep going back to the dimensions of the RS S-400 size wise. Anything else I should consider - besides custom? Thanks!!!
 
Hi! New to the hobby. I really like the dimensions of the Red Sea Max S-400 but I want a refugium and there is no room for one. I also need a chiller, as I am in FL and we keep the house relatively warm. I plumbed my spot for a RO filter so I don’t need an ATO. I like the waterbox but I keep going back to the dimensions of the RS S-400 size wise. Anything else I should consider - besides custom? Thanks!!!

Have an 2013 S-400.

Get the Teco TK1000 chiller / heater for your chiller.
https://www.aquariumspecialty.com/teco-tank-tk-1000-aquarium-chiller.html
One of those is my review.
It fits right under your power center.

The S-Series stand will blow you away and it has an 6 gallon ATO built in.

Like having a fine piece of furniture in you home.
 
Thanks! Do you have SPS corals? I noticed the sump volume in the S400 is half that of the waterbox 100.3. Do you have a refugium?
 
Thanks! Do you have SPS corals? I noticed the sump volume in the S400 is half that of the waterbox 100.3. Do you have a refugium?

Yes I have sps and no refuge. Run Rowaphos in it's own reactor on the front side of the sump.

If you go with the S-400 get three red sea 90 watt leds (like the S-500 has), not just two.

You can click on my build thread banner if you want to poke around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new