RSM MAX S 650 Real Reed Aquascape

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please critique my aquascape made using Real Reef rock. The rocks are all held together with 3/4” acrylic rods, thermoplastic beads and cyanoacrylate :D

ACF732A7-3F73-40E9-8B19-E44211277908.jpeg
F91704BF-EBB4-4918-9BE8-A0C8920FE976.jpeg

OP
OP
i0nz

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used RR in the past and I feel like it’s way more dense now. The drilling process took a lot longer with a diamond tile bit than I remember it taking in previous builds.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good. The flat piece on the left top seems a little out of place, but that is just my opinion. Overall the shapes are very interesting and there are many spots for fish and corals to live happily.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very zen feel reminds me of Japanese writing somewhat. I Like the plethora of platforms for corals at different heights and the swimming space between. Going to be very cool when it fills in

OP
OP
i0nz

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good. The flat piece on the left top seems a little out of place, but that is just my opinion. Overall the shapes are very interesting and there are many spots for fish and corals to live happily.
I have the same tank and built a high scape one one side with similar rock. I didn’t appreciate how coral growth changed things and ended up removing a lot of rock as coral grew. I think your right side could come down a lot.

I must say, it’s still a work in progress. This is the largest non PVC build yet for me and I also was working against the clock. I do see certain things that could be changed which shouldn’t be difficult at this point.

I had to purchase setting spray for the glue during the final phase, as the center piece was reconstucted within an hour.

The entire design/rockscape had 8 hours of time billed, but I was able to make it work and gain a perspective of the final in-tank design and how it correlated to the design I created on my iPad Pro.

Lol I feel like I may take it more seriously/meticulously than most being an art major. I’ve seen some Japanese artists create insanely beautiful aquascapes with ease...

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks great so far!

I’ve got the S650 as well, there stunning tanks

Is this your build thread or do you have another and I’ll follow along ?

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s looks really good aside from that flat piece on the upper left. Just doesn’t look natural and it’s too close to the surface to put corals on.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back