Running 2 Heaters question.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of nice setups but I'm still lost. 2 Neo-Therms are set at 78 what is the best setting for my Apex so there is power to the heaters all the time. Sorry for being so stupid.
Here is the configuration for your Apex Fusion if you have a temperature probe:
* Control Type: Heater
* Fallback: On
* Probe Name: Tmp
* On Temperature: 77.5
* Off Temperature: 79.5

If you don't have a temperature probe and are just plugging it straight into an energy bar, this is all you need:
* Control Type: Advanced
* Configuration:
Fallback On

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you don't have a temperature probe and are just plugging it straight into an energy bar, this is all you need:
* Configuration:
Fallback On
I have the probe. So I set the fallback to on? I always had it on OFF. Do I set the Neo-therm heaters on 78

PrangeWay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the Neo-Therms set to 80?
Yes. It is setup that way as the neptune probe and controller are worlds better then anything built into a heater.

I have the probe. So I set the fallback to on? I always had it on OFF. Do I set the Neo-therm heaters on 78
Exactly. The settings he gave you would allow the heatere itself to do the tempreature control, with the Apex as backup to alert you if its to cold, and stop the heaters if the tank it getting to hot (ie the heaters fail, which they will eventually do).

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My probe is in my overflow box and the heaters are in the sump. I would at least keep them separated by a few feet if you can.

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

* Configuration:
Fallback On
Should the Apex be in Auto or just in the ON position?

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. They're all inanimate titanium rods.
I have 2 500w units, both in an inkbird, that device then plugs to my Apex as a backup. It works great and thankfully it was set up that way as my shop cat pulled the wire out of the tank from the inkbird temp controller, the Apex did its job and save an over heat.

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 500w units, both in an inkbird, that device then plugs to my Apex as a backup. It works great and thankfully it was set up that way as my shop cat pulled the wire out of the tank from the inkbird temp controller, the Apex did its job and save an over heat.
Is your Apex in Auto or in the on position

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI, my pair of 500-watt heaters exceeded the safe amperage draw on the Apex EB832. Anything in excess of 7 amps per outlet can damage the energy bar. This is why I dropped to a pair of 300-watt heaters with a single 500-watt as a backup.

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI, my pair of 500-watt heaters exceeded the safe amperage draw on the Apex EB832. Anything in excess of 7 amps per outlet can damage the energy bar. This is why I dropped to a pair of 300-watt heaters with a single 500-watt as a backup.
2 300w units won't heat 300g. With what you said I may just split the units and get another inkbird.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 300w units won't heat 300g. With what you said I may just split the units and get another inkbird.
Nope. But two 500-watt heaters will put you over the safe operating limit on your EB832. Yeah, splitting them up on separate Inkbirds would be the way to go.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back