Rw-4 only lasted 2 months suggestions for a replacement

Joe parrish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2015
Messages
179
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my jabeo Rw 4 only lasted a few months any suggestions on a replacement is would like it to still be able to hook up to my corel Xbox battery backup
 
Jebao pumps are known for short lifetimes. You can keep buying replacements or pick up a Tunze, Vortech or Koralia.
 
I don't know. Ask the Google :)
 
ya I have been searching and come up with nothing I am not sure why I can't find any info
 
That might be the answer. They might not be designed for a traditional battery backup. You could always use a UPS for them.
 
are you using the dimmer module? I've heard of people having issues with humidity and the controller seizing the pump. They aren't made to have anything else attached to them. If they are ran by themselves independently then they are great pumps and last
 
So my jabeo Rw 4 only lasted a few months any suggestions on a replacement is would like it to still be able to hook up to my corel Xbox battery backup

Invest in and MP10, you'll end up spending the same amount in the long run for burnt out Jeboa pumps. I understand it's cheap but your pockets will love you for it
 
Almost 2 years and my rw s are fine you need to replace it 5 times before they equal in cost . your Corals can't tell the difference between lagoon and else I promise lol. Might have just had bad luck try emailing the seller
 
I'm also at over a year with my RWs and WPs on two different tanks, zero issue. Maybe you have an electrical issue?
 
Have you tried cleaning up the rw4 real well, like in a vinegar soak then scrub w/ an old toothbrush? I do that w/ my rw8 every 3 months... it's been running a year now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new