S-Port Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hfx987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I would like to use the S ports to control opto isolated relays (so no more draw than 20mA per port) for some 12v stuff I want to control, and I am wondering how i set it up on Profilux.

I currently have 2 5.1 PAB powerbars configured as sockets S1 - S10.

Do I just re allocate the sockets on the two 5.1 PAB bars to something say above S11 to automagically free up the S1-4 and S5-8 switch designations for the respective S ports?

Im guessing i dont select "digital control"

Does the programming follow the re designated ports when i move them up to above S11?

Thanks for your help

Cheers,

Sam.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I just re allocate the sockets on the two 5.1 PAB bars to something say above S11 to automagically free up the S1-4 and S5-8 switch designations for the respective S ports?
Yes :)

If ou keep 5. PAB starting numerat to S1 when you switch-on SwitchChannel 1 it will swich-on first switch of you PAB powerbar AND your first relay connected to S1-4.

Just renumerate PAB powerbar starting to S9.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the programming follow the re designated ports when i move them up to above S11?
Just renumerate PAB powerbar starting to S9.
When you renumerate your PAB powebars 5.1 - you must reprogram them - the program you had for S1 should be in S9 (or whatever you chose at starting point above S8) and further on.

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you renumerate your PAB powebars 5.1 - you must reprogram them - the program you had for S1 should be in S9 (or whatever you chose at starting point above S8) and further on.

Sincerely Lasse
Yes, of course, sorry I not saw this other question.

OP
OP
H

hfx987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys - much appreciated.
I have renumbered my PAB powerbars, checked the new socket programming, and even made up a little test jig with a LED and resistor to make sure i am ready to go when my circuit boards arrive.
I thought it was cool that I could copy the Hours meter on to the new socket in GCC. Very handy.
Cheers,
Sam.

JasonC80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thats how the switch ports need to be set up, and not digital. This thread would have saved me a lot of time as i just finished a 12v relay project for the same purpose.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the book
Back in the days when some dim functions did not work all the way down to 0 (dimmable T5 tubes and some dimmable LED drivers) Profilux had a DIY boards (EVG-AP and/or EVG -AP2) that have a relay on-board. This relay break when the 1-10 V signal was down to 1 or below.

The new break out box for L and S ports seems to have the same function today but minus the relay. This mean that you can combine a 1-10 signal with total switch off if you want

Sincerely Lasse

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back