Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great pics!
That top milli......:cool:
Thanks man! Actually screen shotted these from a nasty 4k video i took. Except i have no programs that can upload the files in 4k. So i have 2 hours of videos just sitting around untill i figure something out

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, not even exaggerating. Theres about 30 stalks of xenia on my glass. I just have to suck it up and scrape it all out with a razor. Im just afraid that all the white gewey stuff that poofs out of the xenia when you frag it- will harm my corals. So i got myself a razor on a stick, hopefully i wont scratch the glass either while i try doing it
That's how I removed a lot of mine in my previous tank. It worked pretty good but keep the razor blade fresh and on a 22.5° angle. I also had it on rocks completely covering a 3'x1' area. Gave it all to our local high school's Marine Science Department.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That's how I removed a lot of mine in my previous tank. It worked pretty good but keep the razor blade fresh and on a 22.5° angle. I also had it on rocks completely covering a 3'x1' area. Gave it all to our local high school's Marine Science Department.
It made its way by a tiny sliver to my main rock structure. So itll all be comming out very shortly lol

kevlow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, not even exaggerating. Theres about 30 stalks of xenia on my glass. I just have to suck it up and scrape it all out with a razor. Im just afraid that all the white gewey stuff that poofs out of the xenia when you frag it- will harm my corals. So i got myself a razor on a stick, hopefully i wont scratch the glass either while i try doing it

I went through this myself with a previous tank. They were like huge stalks of celery. I found the best way to remove it without polluting the tank was to use a siphon hose to suck in the xenia clumps. Then use a razor blade to cut it free. Usually it only required a partial cut to get it started. Then the siphon would just pull the rest off cleanly without leaving residue,detritus, or poisonous juice.
Basically 100% clean removal.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I went through this myself with a previous tank. They were like huge stalks of celery. I found the best way to remove it without polluting the tank was to use a siphon hose to suck in the xenia clumps. Then use a razor blade to cut it free. Usually it only required a partial cut to get it started. Then the siphon would just pull the rest off cleanly without leaving residue,detritus, or poisonous juice.
Basically 100% clean removal.
Thats what im most likely going to do, i got my hands on a 3d printed scraper with a razor - that i can zip tie onto some of my tubing i got here. Hopefully it works!

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video! Your getting great colors out of everything. I'll have to dig through this thread to read more on your setup/parameters. Keep it up!

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Awesome video! Your getting great colors out of everything. I'll have to dig through this thread to read more on your setup/parameters. Keep it up!
Thank you and thanks for stopping by! Sorry about the thread, got pretty long

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, i got something blocking the bleed there now. A few times i got ready to build a canopy but just never got to it.

Nice, I'm really leaning towards T5's myself. I will have light bleed issues as well so maybe we can find a solution together. Goes without saying, great job on your reef and keep it up!

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2017-06-26-18-35-44.png
Screenshot_2017-06-26-18-34-26.png
Pickedup sr mighty max favia, and two guys corals/rrc wolverine favia at Rap

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like a fun weekend, as usual nice score on the corals

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back