OP
redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, did I have my panties in a bunch....for a little while anyway. We had torrential rain, well over three inches, and when I removed the so-called waterproof cover from the grill, I find a puddle of water in the back left corner.

Blackstone with Rainwater.jpg

I was ticked....water proof....pfffffffffffff!

After I calmed down, I reasoned that maybe this was a good thing. This pooling tells me the grill isn't level. When cooking loads of greasy hamburgers, I want that grease to find the trap. So now I will level the grill, and any water getting through my water-proof cover will flow out the grease trap door, without the actual grease trap being there, right onto the ground.

So the reason I was pulling off the cover was to try my new Rube Goldberg Dome Covers. This grill is the party grill, where many pieces of dead animal muscle will be torched and seared....loads of cheese burgers. In looking at Dome Covers, they were all small....pretty much a circular pot top....at best, three cheese burgers. I needed a dome to melt the cheese of multiple hamburgers. Our last party, over 40 cheeseburgers.

How could I make a large dome to assist in melting cheese on multiple hamburgers? My first thought was to tin-knock a large rectangular cover.....nah....need something simpler. What do I have around the house.....the old shelves off the grill about to be taken to the metal guy! With a couple pieces of scrap 2x6 and about a foot and a half left over from the 2 inch drapery pole in the living room, I now have two decent sized domes to melt cheese.

Blackstone with Dome Covers.jpg

Do you think I made the handles big enough? :rolleyes:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many times have you told your spouse "See, that's why I don't throw anything away!" :p

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back