Sad LPS - Can it Recover

  • Thread starter Thread starter SaltyGal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SaltyGal

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2011
Messages
23
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am heart broken. I woke to find the skin off my unidentified lps coral. I am trying to get my parameters back in line, so I think I know why this happens, but when they come off the skeleton it is hopeless or is there any special care I can give it to help it recover? It is rolled in a ball now.
SAD CORAL.jpg
 
Looks like a Fungia (possibly a Trachy) and I would say its a goner. If it smells bad I would toss it. Usually decaying Fungia have a very bad smell. If there is any life left in it when removed from water it will slime up.
 
Looked like a trachy or wellso.I've never see them recover when they shed their skin.
 
Looks like a Fungia (possibly a Trachy) and I would say its a goner. If it smells bad I would toss it. Usually decaying Fungia have a very bad smell. If there is any life left in it when removed from water it will slime up.
It looked like a a big cynarina type coral when I got it. It is not a plate coral. That is just the skelton it was on. It would swell up like a huge balloon during the day
 
90% death in my opinion ive had multiple coral from liveaquaria show up at my door in this state and they all died very slowly and mess with my nutrients levels. I usually just toss them after a few weeks if they continue to receed
 
I don't think it will survive. You could put it in very low flow and see what happens. If it starts looking slimy / brown jelly, toss it. That's too bad from the color of it's flesh, it looked like it was a dang nice one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new