Safe container for mixing saltwater?

Camaronero

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2022
Messages
90
Reaction score
54
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
With my extensive research and extreme indecisiveness have I learned my lesson AGAIN when it comes to purchasing everything for a build (130$ in BRS return fees lol). I know it’s embarrassing since I’ve had a BRUTE food grade containers for this (that now has gardening tools in it so not an option) but I need to know if this is a viable SW mixing container or is going to be a problem and needs immediate replacement since I already filled and mixed ~25 gallons!!!! It is categorized as “4” plastic “Roughneck” from RubberMaid.
7C2C9D5B-28FA-4214-A166-CFF1EE863E16.jpeg
B06B6365-A710-4469-AEB8-70BD17F46A29.jpeg
AD1AB144-FFF8-4B29-AB75-1504A286AB96.jpeg
 
Looks like it's food safe. Not an emergency by any means though.
 
The key is the #4 recycling. That means it's LDPE. Should be fine. I would rinse it well first.
 
I have been using Brute garbage cans for a long time without issue.
image.jpg
 
FORGIVE ME ,bruh I don’t ever touch the label section for my posts smh this is embarrassing. How do I remove it¿
you cant remove it... you just have to leave it and listen to people give you a hard time :winking-face-with-tongue:

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new