Sailfin Tang not swimming

Vxrb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3B8091C3-BEEE-4FE5-8CE3-ECB157155E7A.jpeg

Sailfin tang I picked up about a week ago, was doing fine at first and now it’s been laying down on the bottom and hiding, only other fish I have is a small clown fish. Got my water tested and everything was perfect. Has not been wanted to eat also picked up the nori pack and hung it on the side it was close to, to see if it would eat, and nothing. Have not notice anything strange, or any long white feces, PLEASE HELP CD6CF11D-1158-4C71-A242-6887F59626FA.jpeg 43068F29-FC5F-47BC-ACFE-40C86C38179A.jpeg

Kobadinsky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and get some garlic guard to add to your fish food. It should help them want to eat! If you have dry food you can add it directly to it and if you have frozen food add focus to it. I have a sailfin as well and I’d be heart broken if she was doing that in my tank… I hope it gets better!

OP
OP
V

Vxrb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and get some garlic guard to add to your fish food. It should help them want to eat! If you have dry food you can add it directly to it and if you have frozen food add focus to it. I have a sailfin as well and I’d be heart broken if she was doing that in my tank… I hope it gets better!
Well I did add garlic and nothing wouldn’t come out or anything respiration seems fine but I don’t know what else to do

Kobadinsky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I did add garlic and nothing wouldn’t come out or anything respiration seems fine but I don’t know what else to do
What else are you feeding your fish other than the Nori? My sailfin didn’t start eating it until my Niger Trigger showed some interest (which I find weird but whatever makes the Trigger happy) now they both love to devour it. For the nori it might just take some time.

OP
OP
V

Vxrb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What else are you feeding your fish other than the Nori? My sailfin didn’t start eating it until my Niger Trigger showed some interest (which I find weird but whatever makes the Trigger happy) now they both love to devour it. For the nori it might just take some time.
Well I was feeding frozen brine shrimp and it looked like he wanted to eat but didn’t go after it and just started finding it upside down and then when I get near the tank he would fix himself and start to hide again

Kobadinsky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was feeding frozen brine shrimp and it looked like he wanted to eat but didn’t go after it and just started finding it upside down and then when I get near the tank he would fix himself and start to hide again
My only thought for him swimming upside down is a swim bladder issue but I’m honestly not experienced enough to say yup this is it… maybe if you can catch a photo of your tang being upside down it will help someone else get a better idea…

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back