Sailfin Tang vs Foxface

Which fish do you find better at cleaning up algae in a reef tank

  • Sailfin tang

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foxface

    Votes: 3 100.0%

  • Total voters
    3

LAA

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2021
Messages
350
Reaction score
151
Location
yo no say
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have a reef tank that is just set up in the future I would like to add either a sailfin tang or a foxface. I wasn’t sure if one was better than the other in a reef tank setting and at cleaning any algae that may grow.

(125 gallon)
 
+1 foxface

If you want tangs for algae then get something smaller like a bristle tooth. Sailfins grow so dang fast.

Tangs occasionally eat corals too :) Algae eating fish can just get a taste for the zoo in the corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new