Sailing Tang too big?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikebusc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikebusc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2023
Messages
304
Reaction score
175
Location
Douglassville, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have received some bad info when I purchased my Sailfin Tang. I just read they can grow up to 15 inches. I’ve had her about a year and a half and she’s about 4-5 inches right now in a 125 tank. The next biggest in the tank would be a Squareback Anthias. Should I try to give her back or give away? I don’t want an unhealthy tank environment for her.
 
You still have a year or 2 until it gets too big for the tank. So I would definitely give it away at some point, but it doesn’t have to be right now.
 
Uhhh. Just when you do. Use a fish trap and dont chase her around. We got someone here with a sailfin in a 100 cause he cant get it out lol!
OK thanks. It's sad because she's the star of the tank.
 
Yes I do have a trap. Used it before to catch a couple Staghorn damsels although I never got the one I wanted but everyone learned to live with him (:
Funny thing is I know the Sailfin will be fine because she was always going in the trap when we were trying to catch the damsels.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new