Saltgator's 72x30x25/233g Build

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After wanting a glass tank again, I recently decided to tear down my 240 acrylic and look for a new system. After talks with my wife and searching for a used system, I lucked out and scored a 72x30x25 reef for a great price. Anyway, look for updates soon, I've got to redo all the plumbing for the overflows and returns but also the closed loop. I'm too sore after tearing this system down 2.5 hours away, trying to lift it, fighting it thru a door, loading it on a trailer then off in my garage too start pics today or even start the plumbing work. Sorry, lol.

Well... here's a pic I snapped yesterday while drain it and pic from the previous owner prior to the move into his house.
fefbe9b35a4f22ea900f4a9f07262911.jpg

1184af84cab8ae3491dee225ea6da367.jpg

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Thanks Mike. Feel like lifting it? Lol. Me and a guy a bit bigger than me like to snapped in half moving it! I'm gonna see if anyone has those dolly straps that go over shoulders. Plus I've got to redo some of the wood from moving damage too.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it up and running, just dreading the work between now and then, lol.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, just got to get into the grove. Once there, it shouldn't take long (remove old sand, replace some wood and a bulkhead, water leak test and the dreaded move into the house).

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I put the whole system on 5 x 6x6 blocks so that I could get the furniture dollies out from under it. I also removed the entire 3/4 plywood skin on the stand. Most of the base had water damage on the bottom (inch from the bottom and started to swell), so gonna re-cut and stain match some new pieces.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woosaa! The joys of our hobby. Since the break down of the 240 and a ich outbreak, my fish have been going thru a qt and I've ben using new life spectrum ick shield. Used it for the 21 days and feel confident that it did it's job. The 15th was 21 days. All fish were fine and actually ate well. Today, as I typically do, I came home from work and checked on the gang. 2 tangs were dead. I lost my chocolate and the white tail bristletooth. So my current stock is my black tang, my fowleri and pair of Picasso clowns.

I received the new bulkheads today and hope to replumb the tank this weekend/check for leaks. Still haven't reskinned the stand yet. I'm slacking.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the tangs:( Hope the others make it.
I'm gonna move the remaining stock to a 100g stock tank. Gonna move the corals in there too and just let the vat be their home until I get 233 up and cycled. Might be Christmas by then,lol. I appreciate the kinds words

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp tank. This weekend marks the 73rd day of no fish in the fuge/frag tank. Gonna move all the fuge matter and the frags over. Stock tank is 100g, currently fowleri, black long nose, 1 percula (came with the new tank) and my pair of Picasso clowns.
382c951f571aefaa82b579d6fc2c205c.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back