Salifert Alk results

56longroof

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2023
Messages
3,122
Reaction score
6,446
Location
Durham Missouri USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would this be 4.0 or 5.5? The instructions are a little vague and I wanted to verify before I did anything to adjust the alkalinity.
20241030_101054.jpg
 
With any syringe, you measure the travel of the end of the plunger and ignore any air present. Air in it does not cause inaccuracy.
 
With any syringe, you measure the travel of the end of the plunger and ignore any air present. Air in it does not cause inaccuracy.
Thanks Randy. I watched a couple videos and each one had a different opinion. With 5.5 that puts my alk at 7.0 which seems odd. The salt I use tests at 9.0 and I only have 2 stoney coral frags. I wouldn't expect there to be much consumption yet.
 
Thanks Randy. I watched a couple videos and each one had a different opinion. With 5.5 that puts my alk at 7.0 which seems odd. The salt I use tests at 9.0 and I only have 2 stoney coral frags. I wouldn't expect there to be much consumption yet.

I discuss syringe use with pictures in the link below. Be sure you are reading the value correctly and not backwards, which is a common issue with Salifert. Convince yourself that the way you are reading the syringe and table, that a full syringe added to the color change is a lot of alk, not low alk.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-chemistry-question-of-the-day-161-using-a-syringe.226267/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new