Salt in Tablet - fly or die

artempugachev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the recent news from Reef Factory they talk about Salt Tablet. 400 gramm for 10L of saltwater.

we are thrilled to announce that our company has embarked on an innovative project – creating a “salt tablet” product.

I wonder what everyone is using these days and if the Salt Tablet will be any more convenient...

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt is salt. Trying to reinvent the wheel in hopes of selling more units by adding a caking agent doesn't move me.

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if its going to be feasible, if your a tad under on water level its easy to add to get to your salinity level, but if your over on the water and don't have salt on hand what you going to do ? pour it out or scrape some off another tablet ?

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bad idea, but unless it costs the same as regular salt, I personally have no interest. Especially because I imagine it would take more time for a tablet to completely dissolve vs. the time it takes for powder to dissolve.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if its going to be feasible, if your a tad under on water level its easy to add to get to your salinity level, but if your over on the water and don't have salt on hand what you going to do ? pour it out or scrape some off another tablet ?
This.^

I wouldn't have any in interest.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How could a 400 gram tablet possibly be better than accurately measured 400 g of granular salt in a bag?

I can think of several reasons why it is worse, but not a single one why it is better.

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has got to be the single most pointless invention to date, in this hobby.

Salt is Salt, not to mention that far from all tanks run the same salinity, for a number of different reasons.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt is salt. Trying to reinvent the wheel in hopes of selling more units by adding a caking agent doesn't move me.

Completely on board with this statement.

Understand that the pill we take as medication isn't just medication. There are other ingredients in the pill.

Often, the pill has a bulking agent to make it bigger so that it is easier to handle. Also, pills have a lubricating agent which allows the pill to fall out of the mold after the ingredients have been pressed into a pill.

Another issue, a lack of flexibility in quantity. What if you don't need to use that much Salt? Are you supposed to begin cutting the pill?

Sorry, this truly is the reinvention of the wheel... and not a "better" wheel.

Back