Salt Water Mixing Stations Let's See Them!!

mattgreene22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30g oceanic cube I didn't have a use for, so that's now my RO vessel. I fill that up with a feed off my RODI. When I make saltwater, I 'manually' pump it out into a brute trashcan. Dump in salt, mix...then turn on a heater to bring up temp. I let the pump (mj) stay on in the brute during storage, but only use the heater when I know I'm about to change some water. My mixing station is in my basement, and not tied to the aquarium which is upstairs. Mix, haul, pour...repeat as needed.

I have a plan that still needs to be implemented where the cube is on a stand above the brute and the brute is on rollers so I can more easily get it to the utility sink when needed. I haven't tapped the vessels, so I pump/scoop/siphon when I need water for ATO or water changes. I have a goal to make better visual cues on these vessels so I can measure out specific gallon amounts more easily...but haven't gotten to that yet either...thank god refractometers.

Glenn

Reefer and Model Railroad
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65g breeder tank that I use to make RO/DI water throughout the month for manual topping off of the tank. (Usually about a gallon per day.) Then on the 25th I start filling it to the 50 gallon mark. On the 28th I add one bag of salt and the Mag 12 pump. Then I do the 50g water change on the 1st of the month. It's all manual but it gives me time to keep an eye on everything.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My station with auto water change =)

qabare4e.jpg
6udu4apu.jpg

qabare4e.jpg

6udu4apu.jpg

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet. I just looked into some plastic tanks, two Ace Roto Mold VT0040-18's. Eight week lead time and it would cost more to ship them than the two of them would cost! Crazy. Where does one find tanks like this?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm so jealous of these systems!!

Chris can you come set mine up for me? :)

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so jealous of these systems!!

Chris can you come set mine up for me? :)

I wish lol I'll do a video walk threw this weekend so that everyone can see how I did it and copy if they would like. Not gonna lie it wasn't cheap but it's made a huge improvement in my tank which is what really matters to me

Redfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am already in the process of coping it. You did do a great job which is why so many find it helpful.

So far I am not finding the tanks at any of the places here in Texas. As for I am always driving all over Texas and would rather just pick them up versus pay the high shipping.

Have not checked Houston as of yet and will check Austin today as for they have a couple places there.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Water station

Pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,324

gpdno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403818425.554475.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403818442.700556.jpg

RO/DI water fills the container on the left. This is used for the ATO and mixing saltwater. The right side is the saltwater. I have a little giant pump the transfers the fresh to salt water side. The saltwater tank feed the supply for the automatic water change. Both the ATO and AWC are controlled by the Apex.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back