OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quick question what citric acid would you guys recommend me getting? I order the one on BulkReefSupply but if there’s another one that’s better that you guys recommend. I’ll probably end up getting that too.

CKW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for a little update I know I haven’t been active recently, but I was trying to get my quarantine tank set up. It’s fully set up now. I put all my invertebrates in there because I put copper in the tank to officially kill it or to my understanding to get rid of it or to cure the tank and I will say I did get a small UV sterilizer from Amazon the other day it came in on Saturday night and I will say there is a ready a big difference in the tank but unfortunately the yellow tang did die but my two clown fish and the other fish that’s left. I believe it’s called a 6 line wrasse but he is starting to breed a little heavy I could see from his gills, but I will provide a picture of the copper liquid I used
The clown is hardy but still susceptible to velvet. Your six line may not survive (sorry). They are much more vulnerable.
Put all of your fish in quarantine and treat.
Inverts will need to be watched but should be ok.
Your display tank must be cleared of problems before reintroducing your fish. This will take two to four weeks.
Been there done that. Good luck

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown is hardy but still susceptible to velvet. Your six line may not survive (sorry). They are much more vulnerable.
Put all of your fish in quarantine and treat.
Inverts will need to be watched but should be ok.
Your display tank must be cleared of problems before reintroducing your fish. This will take two to four weeks.
Been there done that. Good luck
No the clown fish have officially died. The last one died yesterday when I got home from work the only guy that’s left is my six line fish.

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the clown fish have officially died. The last one died yesterday when I got home from work the only guy that’s left is my six line fish.
And believe it or not, he’s actually looks really good and he’s swimming. Perfectly fine no markings no nothing.

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quick question what citric acid would you guys recommend me getting? I order the one on BulkReefSupply but if there’s another one that’s better that you guys recommend. I’ll probably end up getting that too.
?

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i got this but i wanna be sure this is the one your talking about the other day Fritz Aquatics Fritz Zyme 9 Saltwater Nitrifying Bacteria for Aquariums

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i got this but i wanna be sure this is the one your talking about the other day Fritz Aquatics Fritz Zyme 9 Saltwater Nitrifying Bacteria for Aquariums

That does contain the correct bacteria, I think it's just less concentrated than the TurboStart (which is the one I was thinking of when I last replied). You should be good, though, because you also have the OceanDirect sand and the Spored bacteria on the Moani rock that will also be there, so you probably don't need the TurboStart, the Zyme will be good enough.

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does contain the correct bacteria, I think it's just less concentrated than the TurboStart (which is the one I was thinking of when I last replied). You should be good, though, because you also have the OceanDirect sand and the Spored bacteria on the Moani rock that will also be there, so you probably don't need the TurboStart, the Zyme will be good enough.

FritzZyme® TurboStart® 900 Saltwater​

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it OK to still do it because I won’t be able to get the rock till Friday it’s still in transit

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it OK to still do it because I won’t be able to get the rock till Friday it’s still in transit
The Zyme, from what I understand, is shelf stable and can sit out at room temperature. The TurboStart 900 I believe needs to be refrigerated. Don't quote me on that, read the bottles to make sure, but I think that's the case. Even if the rock won't be there until Friday, you can still get the products and hold onto them in one form or another.

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Zyme, from what I understand, is shelf stable and can sit out at room temperature. The TurboStart 900 I believe needs to be refrigerated. Don't quote me on that, read the bottles to make sure, but I think that's the case. Even if the rock won't be there until Friday, you can still get the products and hold onto them in one form or another.
My bad for not responding for a few days. Somethings came up but just to keep you guys updated. I haven’t had a chance to do it yet because it’s been raining outside nonstop and I wasn’t able to fully clean the tank but today is the day. Hopefully the weather holds up and I can officially clean out the tank and I also did some research on the one that you recommended and yes it does have to be refrigerated till being used and they also have a quick question my QT is already set up but what is the recommended copper level for this brand? I can’t seem to find a specific answer. Everybody says something different so my best bet is you IMG_0180.png

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad for not responding for a few days. Somethings came up but just to keep you guys updated. I haven’t had a chance to do it yet because it’s been raining outside nonstop and I wasn’t able to fully clean the tank but today is the day. Hopefully the weather holds up and I can officially clean out the tank and I also did some research on the one that you recommended and yes it does have to be refrigerated till being used and they also have a quick question my QT is already set up but what is the recommended copper level for this brand? I can’t seem to find a specific answer. Everybody says something different so my best bet is you IMG_0180.png
The directions are on the bottle, I always find it best to follow the manufacturers directions because everyone's formula's are slightly different, and their ratio of water:copper within the solution are also different...

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The directions are on the bottle, I always find it best to follow the manufacturers directions because everyone's formula's are slightly different, and their ratio of water:copper within the solution are also different...
Ohh ok

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you guys doing? Just a little quick update I know I haven’t really been on here for quite a few days, but when I was cleaning out the tank the other day, I noticed the glass corner piece was cracking really bad and the seal was actually coming off, so just to play it safe I actually went online and ordered a new tank so I should be getting it within 3 to 4 business days hopefully a little earlier and then I’ll be straight forward setting up the tank

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to give you guys a update I know it’s been a little while but since you guys help me out so much, I just want to say thank you again for everybody who contributed I did really learn a lot from this experience and it is truly a big big learning experience for me But thank you again so with the update everything looks to be good I got a new tank and I set it up. Put everything in so far. Everything looks good to my knowledge. I just put it in the tank starter bottle thing the correct dosage obviously and I put my three shrimps in there. I’m not gonna put any fish in there for the time being , if anything, I’m only gonna do invertebrates and then when the time is right, I will put the fish and I am a really big fan of the sand and the rocks that were recommended to me. They are aesthetically pleasing and honestly I think they’re worth the money and they are yes they were a little pricey, but at the end of the day they are better rocks, and they are more aesthetically pleasing than any other rock I’ve had and the sand looks so much better and I was doing a little bit of research on it and a lot of people do you like this sand and I will provide some photos as soon as I can to show you guys what my set up looks like now and how everything looks

OP
OP
KingVinny

KingVinny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quick question is there any good wave maker that you guys can recommend for my tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back