Salt

cccharliecc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if it's worth the switch or not.
I use plain old Instant Ocean right now...no real issues with it, but I was debating switching to the regular Aquaforest sea salt.

My first reason was because of price...I found the large boxes of aquaforest on petsolutions website a couple of weeks ago for like $41 each. That looks like its gone now...along with the whole site for some reason, but save that for another topic :)

Price wise they are still very similar looking at the cost from BRS for Aquaforest it's $48 for a 216 gallon box. Instant Ocean is around the same for a 200 gallon box.

Is it worth the switch? Looks like based on price it is....what about based on quality?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank can be successful with any salt.....they key is to pick one that mixes up to the numbers closest to what you are trying to keep. If the price is cheaper and you don't mind the ALK/Ca/Mg numbers that it it mixes up to, then make the switch.

OP
OP
C

cccharliecc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point....I guess the price is basically the same....
I dont really test the salt Ca, Alk,and Mg numbers before I do water changes....I just test the main tank and make adjustments there so I am not sure on that side of it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 163 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back