Saltnuts tanks

saltnut

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2020
Messages
171
Reaction score
305
Location
Ocoee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I guess it is time to start a tank thread. My tanks are not actually new and I will add some terrible picture from my phone after lights come on. I started SW over 30 years ago with a standard 55 gallon, under-gravel filter with crushed coral, white bleached dead coral skeletons and fluorescent lighting. I now have a 20L it is about 3 years old since last reboot due to 5 surgeries in 4 years. My kids tried to help but well you know. I also have a EVO V that is six months old started with and still using tap water with prime. I am a retired lazy reefer who absolutely runs KISS systems. I hardly ever test once a tank is cycled and just do WC's no dosing because I don't test. Which means I only keep softies and LPS. The 20L does have a AC 50 HOB just carbon and floss and 2 Hydor Koralia 565 nano water pumps (one will be changed to the orbit pump that came with the lights) and as of 2 or 3 weeks ago. It has a Orbit Marine IC Loop Pro Dual Led another reason no SPS. The Fluval still has the stock light, again just carbon and floss in a DIY media rack in the first chamber but I did upgrade the filter pump to a mini MJ 606 - no pump in the display but Diver Dan makes a tiny bit of water movement and oxygen exchange with bubbles. Thanks if you bothered to read all of this without a picture yet.
 
The 20L

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
After a long time are a couple pictures taken today.
 

Attachments

  • 4A99F66A-A3E8-4EA0-A6D3-6E8CD3C2CF84.jpeg
    4A99F66A-A3E8-4EA0-A6D3-6E8CD3C2CF84.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 2E7773AB-6EEE-4D23-9879-1C44D52F04C8.jpeg
    2E7773AB-6EEE-4D23-9879-1C44D52F04C8.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 56
  • A752BFE0-5ED9-4137-86E0-A0F46EC7D49D.jpeg
    A752BFE0-5ED9-4137-86E0-A0F46EC7D49D.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 2273CFFA-3E12-4EBD-B23B-E7F1CC215820.jpeg
    2273CFFA-3E12-4EBD-B23B-E7F1CC215820.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 30

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new