Saltwater Newbie

  • Thread starter Thread starter Erin O
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2019
Messages
1,639
Reaction score
9,825
Location
West Des Moines, Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! My name is Erin. I don't have a SW...yet. I have 4 freshwater tanks (10g, 29g, 75g, & 125g) and have been running them since 2016/17. I have recently decided to look into switching my 29g to SW. I've been doing some research and watching videos when I'm not chasing my 2 year old around. I have lots of questions! Lol. Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning from you all :)
 
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r24.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!! Thank you for the introduction - we're glad you're here!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi all! My name is Erin. I don't have a SW...yet. I have 4 freshwater tanks (10g, 29g, 75g, & 125g) and have been running them since 2016/17. I have recently decided to look into switching my 29g to SW. I've been doing some research and watching videos when I'm not chasing my 2 year old around. I have lots of questions! Lol. Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning from you all :)
IMG_20191112_193408_01.gif


I predict one of the bigger ones will turn into a sw in the future.
 
Welcome! You’re at the perfect place for help. Ask away! No question is redundant or frowned upon here. You’ll find that the only similarity between FW and SW is both have water. Whole different game but very fun at the same time. Lots of info available. And my best advice is: research well and take it slow. Patience is key in this hobby.
 
I'm already thinking about switching the 75g if I'm successful with the 29g LOL
Go as big as you want to maintain. Mine is a 75 and I love it.
IMG_20191105_205954476.jpg

My little slice of the ocean
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new