Saltwater Thoughts

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I’ve maintained many freshwater tanks throughout the years, small, big and in between. I have done a lot of reading and am close to taking the plunge and trying my hand at a saltwater tank. I know the bigger you go, the more stable it is and less susceptible to large swings. However, I also have to be realistic at the present time in terms of budget and space. I do have a everything to do a basic budget tank with a 10-30 gallon long with a large HOB filter, etc. All I’d have to order is a decent affordable LED light. I’m not looking for big or extravagant, just nice and simple. I’d like something that would house at least a pair of clowns, but it would be great to add a yellow watchman goby, one or two Banggai cardinal fish and perhaps a purple dottyback (small clowns and less fish depending on size of tank). I’d love to throw a few basic, robust corals eventually as well. So my questions are as follows and I appreciate any and all feedback.

1. Just set up a basic 10 gallon and see what happens? If so, what kind of light?

2. I really like the look at cubes. I’m just torn whether to piece one together or buy an AIO?

Thanks!
Welcome to R2R. I would go for something like 40 or 50 gallons. Also take the build and stocking slowly.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome

spockwelcome.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back