SaltwaterandLime's epic adhd build thread....

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the market for two Nero 5 wavemakers if anyone knows where to find them! Gotta get some extra flow in this tank before I can start moving coral over.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on installing my new ecotech radions

PhotoGrid_Plus_1664665493506.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost ready. Added two Nero 3's. I really wanted 5's but no one had them in stock. I still need to order a lid. And I think I'm going to leave the lights off for a bit longer before I start adding coral.

20221002_141902.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the neon green guards for the Nero’s?
Josh at @Kraken Reef

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you find the flow with the Nero’s on that tank length?
It's really not enough. I'm thinking about picking up two more and putting them along the back. I think two Nero 5 s might have been OK, but then also it's a lot of flow at the ends but not much in the middle

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to really consider finding a way to plumb my old 10 gallon waterbox into the system with the tideline and turning it into a display refugium. Definitely need to do some more research first though

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some work on a three tanks this weekend. At this point all of the SPS and LPS has been moved over into the new tideline tank. Also all of the fish are moved into it except for the royal gramma. I think I'll have to wait until I completely break down her current tank before I can catch her.

The waterbox 25 right now still has some snails and hermit crabs and some soft corals, as well as a tiny bit of encrusted sps that I couldn't remove from the rock. I'm really not sure yet what direction I'm going to go with this tank now, part of me wants to clear it out and start over from scratch. It's either going to be an anemone tank, or a softy tank. Either way it will eventually hold the pair of clownfish that are right now still in the fluval.

the bottom tank is the fluval 32, this tank will eventually be getting broken down entirely and sold. I'm just not sure yet if I want to sell off or get rid of the corals that are in it, or save them and move them to the waterbox. There are currently 4 fish in the tank, the clowns are going to the waterbox, the royal gramma is going into the tideline, and the filefish is getting taken back to the store or given away to anyone who will take it.

This is kind of where the adhd issues kick in. I have no idea what the next step is, so I'll probably end up just doing nothing for a while until I have a meltdown.

IMG_20221009_175253_701.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 tanks in need of a project. Can't decide what direction I want to go with them so I thought I would ask for some opinions!

What I currently have:

A 62 gallon AIO mixed reef with 2 radion xr15 gen 5s. All SPS and LPS, this tank is going to stay as is, don't think I want to add much more to it.

A 10 gallon waterbox cube, currently completely empty/dry. Have an AI prime and a sicce 1.5 pump for it.

A 25 gallon waterbox peninsula. AI Prime light, a few mushrooms, some zoas, some gsp, and a lot of gha and cyano. Has snails and hermits but no fish currently. Also has a tiny bit of encrusting sps left on a rock that I couldn't get off when I moved the rest into the 62 gallon.

A 32 gallon fluval flex. This tank will be getting taken down and not set back up. I've struggled with the lights and filtration from the very beginning with this tank and I'm just ready to be done with it. Tank is running the stock fluval lights and currently has two large leather corals, some xenia, and some gsp. Also has a huge amount of some sort of neon green slime algae that I can't seem to get rid of. Has a pair of clownfish that I will definitely be keeping and moving to one of the two waterbox tanks depending on what I decide to do with them, a royal gramma I'm going to move into the mixed reef tank, and a non reef safe file fish that I'm going to take back to my lfs.

So I have two tanks that I really need ideas for. My options include getting rid of all the soft coral I already have and starting over entirely. Moving all the soft coral together into one of the waterbox tanks. ....And if I do that do I put it into the 10 gallon tank...add it to the existing 25 gallon soft tank....break the 25 gallon tank down entirely and build a new aquascape before putting the soft corals back in....or just throw in everything and hope for the best with the green slime and cyano....

I'm leaning the most towards either the 10 gallon or the 25 gallon being a softy tank and the other being an anemone tank. But I'm not sure which one is better for which idea. And I don't know if I should use my existing rock or start over. And should I use sand or some other sort of substrate. Or should I do something totally different and have a macro algae display tank.

Honestly I think my best option is to finish emptying the 25 since I want to build a new stand for it anyway. Get new rock for it and build a new scape. Move all the soft corals that I want to keep into it and then move boris and Natasha (My oldest clown pair) into that tank. Then set the 10 gallon back up on my nightstand and build a new scape for it and get a pair of some sort of baby fancy clownfish, maybe some gold stripe maroons that I've been wanting forever, and get them an anemone eventually. I think if I'm going to have an anemone tank I would be happier with it being the one on my night stand to watch the most, instead of it being the one across the room.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Borrowed a PAR meter from my local fish store today, took some reading on all of my tanks and changed some settings on the radions over the new tank. Found a few shady spots where I can store my mushrooms temporarily while I reset the 25g tank.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put my vote for 25 g nem tank, depending on what nems you are thinking.

I still have a dream to have a small tank with only RFA and mini maxis, I'm talking about ALL OVER THE PLACE

Back