• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Saltwateraquarium.com

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Matthew Hill

Matthew Hill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a legit site if this is the same one https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/aquariums.html .
Purchased my tank from them and got a great deal.
I still buy stuff from them and Bulk Reef Supply (BRS) https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/
Unless they don't have it they are the only two I buy from.

Yeah I usually use BRS! But they don’t carry this brand and it’s such a deal!! Actually found out the brand has them listed as an authorized dealer site on their site. So excited! Thanks!

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For drygoods I wouldn't hesitate. Proceed with caution on livestock. I have had three transactions - two bad (dead fish and the wrong item shipped) and one that was received in great shape.

Edit - it was pointed out I'm thinking of saltwaterfish.com. . .wrong website!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Hill

Matthew Hill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For drygoods I wouldn't hesitate. Proceed with caution on livestock. I have had three transactions - two bad (dead fish and the wrong item shipped) and one that was received in great shape.

Thanks for the info! I am currently looking at dry goods tho!

pharazon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know you said BRS didn’t have this particular item, but just as an FYI, BRS will price match them. I was going to order an Eshopps overflow from them but read questionable reviews, so I called BRS and got it for the same price.

OP
OP
Matthew Hill

Matthew Hill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you said BRS didn’t have this particular item, but just as an FYI, BRS will price match them. I was going to order an Eshopps overflow from them but read questionable reviews, so I called BRS and got it for the same price.

I know, BRS just didn’t carry the brand that I am particular to for this equipment! And it was an awesome deal for the price:)

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
? I haven't seen livestock on there.. are you thinking saltwaterfish.com? Or am I missing something..

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
? I haven't seen livestock on there.. are you thinking saltwaterfish.com? Or am I missing something..

You are absolutely correct - that's what I thought OP was referencing. Thanks for pointing that out.

I actually can still contribute regarding saltwateraquarium.com: Multiple transactions, including higher ticket items like lights, with zero problems or issues.

Brautumn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have used them quite a few times and bought some expensive equipment with all good results.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your mixing up saltwateraquarium.com and saltwaterfish.com.... The former doesn't sell livestock that Im aware of.

tablesalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a terrible experience with them and will never give them another cent. I ordered a fish tank in early December, it arrived promptly, broken. They did not ship a new one as promised, they had me go through warranty support with the company they bought my fish tank form's company they brought the fish tank from. They took no responsibility, did not refund or reship as promised, and it took more than a month to get my tank in and well over 30 emails. They are not authorized retailers of many of the items they sell. Despite the address of the company being less than 60 miles from my house, they drop shipped my aquarium from over 2,000 miles away.

I cannot say enough bad things about this company and would not recommend buying from them. See my post tank thread for more details on their... level of service.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/mikes-45-gallon-zoa-garden-max-e-170.345012/page-2

Reef Jeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are based in Gettysburg PA not too far from where I am. They are a great company, with super customer service. I buy most of my stuff from them. Never had a bad experience.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite the address of the company being less than 60 miles from my house, they drop shipped my aquarium from over 2,000 miles away.
I am guessing most vendors don't stock tanks, after all the consumer would ultimately pay for the two freight charges, one to the shop and one to the consumer not to mention the warehouse needed to hold the many shape, sizes and flavors. Sorry about your nightmare...been their myself.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try and support the lfs's when I can but if I can't find it local or there's a big price difference I'll order from them.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back