Saltwaterfish.com

Dr. Peter Venkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all... Has anyone ever used saltwaterfish.com? Is the livestock in good health? I'm looking for a new online store to order from. My LFS has gone way down hill, and I only go there to get basic supplies.

ZomboMeme 24042023102707.jpg

CD_Scapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Overview. SaltwaterFish has a rating of 1.91 stars from 61 reviews, indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Reviewers complaining about SaltwaterFish most frequently mention store credit, customer service, and live aquaria problems. SaltwaterFish ranks 21st among Aquariums sites"

Straight from the Google

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends what you are looking for?

The fish are not quarantined or anything. You likely will get some good and some bad.

Most of their fish come from a wholesaler directly to you.

BreezyMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered 2 foxface / powder brown tang / blue hippo tang and they are all still alive and doing well. I had a issue with the bi color foxface where it looked a bit sickly and the support team responded promptly (turns out it was just the normal foxface stress response). I'd recommend.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've used them several times throughout the years and never had an issue. Have not used them in the last year though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey all... Has anyone ever used saltwaterfish.com? Is the livestock in good health? I'm looking for a new online store to order from. My LFS has gone way down hill, and I only go there to get basic supplies.

ZomboMeme 24042023102707.jpg
other than fish ordered being smaller than I ordered- Good packing and dependable shipping

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've received 2 fish from them and some snails and hermit crabs. FedEx messed up the delivery and only 1 fish survived. He's doing great as did the clean up crew members. The other fish was DOA (again delayed due to FedEx) and they followed their stated process for the DOA fish 100%.

I have ordered plenty of gear from them and they were great. I just got in a Reef Breeders Photon 48V2 Pro with the HOB brackets and it was shipped fast and packaged as good as you could ask for.

OP
OP
Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Overview. SaltwaterFish has a rating of 1.91 stars from 61 reviews, indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Reviewers complaining about SaltwaterFish most frequently mention store credit, customer service, and live aquaria problems. SaltwaterFish ranks 21st among Aquariums sites"

Straight from the Google
I'm not a fan of using Google reviews. I've learned in this hobby that a bad review can be by someone who just purchased an aquarium... hasn't cycled it properly, doesn't have a UV, Carbon reactor, protein skimmer, wave maker, or correct lighting, but then blames the fish store, because their fish died in 5 days.

Like i said. My LFS has a 4.8 on Google, based on over 400 reviews. However, every tank has dinos, almost every tank has at least 2 dead fish. The live rock has bristle worms. The corals are all half dead, and if you ask the sales people to bring you 5 red tip hermits, you'll end up getting 2 bumblebees and 3 emerald crabs.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fan of using Google reviews. I've learned in this hobby that a bad review can be by someone who just purchased an aquarium... hasn't cycled it properly, doesn't have a UV, Carbon reactor, protein skimmer, wave maker, or correct lighting, but then blames the fish store, because their fish died in 5 days.

Like i said. My LFS has a 4.8 on Google, based on over 400 reviews. However, every tank has dinos, almost every tank has at least 2 dead fish. The live rock has bristle worms. The corals are all half dead, and if you ask the sales people to bring you 5 red tip hermits, you'll end up getting 2 bumblebees and 3 emerald crabs.
Agree totally. Excellent point and a good idea to google your LFS then go see what you think in comparison.

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I know this is an old post but I’m considering buying from them, did you have any updates?

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just placed an order for a snowflake eel, a couple wrasses, a starry Blenny, plus their $10 copperband butterfly promo. Delivery set for Wednesday.. I’ll let you know how it goes!
I was just about to pull the trigger on an order and of course they sold out of what I was looking at. Hope all goes well, looking forward to hearing.

saltienewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bicolor Blenny and royal gramma from them, as well as a freebie Duncan that is now 9 heads.

I had too many DOA fish to recommend them, but they did honor their guarantee. I ended up using the credit for a conch and some other inverts that did survive well.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used them before. Everything arrived in good condition, and one of the fish is still alive and well, five years later. The other didn't make it, but that was on me. It was an anthias, and I wasn't feeding my tank enough. It lasted long enough that I don't blame them for the loss.

CD_Scapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree totally. Excellent point and a good idea to google your LFS then go see what you think in comparison.
See my LFS's match google reviews because they are bad, but I know what you mean yeah

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back