saltyhog

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. :)

Fairy wrasse ....C. lineatus, C. exquisitus, C. isoscoles, C. roseafascia, C. laboutei, C. jordani

Flasher wrasse....P. attenuatus, P. octotaenia ..two more yet to come

Halichoeeres......H. melasmapomas

Leopard......M. geoffroyi

Tangs ...Gold Rim and Yellow

Others.....Black Cap basslet, Zebra barred goby, Blue Throat trigger

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good my friend! How's the C. Roseafascia behaving?

He's actually not been any problem. Probably #4 on the fairy pecking order but doesn't chase anyone below him (pintail and Labout's).

I'm also trying to source a H. iridis but haven't found one yet. I plan to add one more fairy some time....hopefully a C. nahackyi. Don't think I'll add another leopard till my Potter's dies of old age. I've had him 6 years and he's a little bossy.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me guess, your Lineatus is the boss. Mine tends to be.

Lost my Potter's last week. I foolishly left open my 2"x4" feeding door to go eat dinner. Came back 45 minutes later to finish feeding the fish only to notice my potter's laying on my netting and fried under my radion. I was so bummed.

TSM has a female Nahacky with your name on it. Probably my favorite wrasse in my tank now.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me guess, your Lineatus is the boss. Mine tends to be.

Lost my Potter's last week. I foolishly left open my 2"x4" feeding door to go eat dinner. Came back 45 minutes later to finish feeding the fish only to notice my potter's laying on my netting and fried under my radion. I was so bummed.

TSM has a female Nahacky with your name on it. Probably my favorite wrasse in my tank now.

Believe it or not its a back and forth #1-2 between the lineatus and the exquisite! Go figure.

Refresh my memory what is TSM?

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that the bunch that had Half banded flashers recently?
No that was NY Aquatics I believe.

TSM fully QT's their fish for at least 30 days. I have a couple wrasse from them and they are great.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of pics of some of my zoas.
King Midas, Whammin' Watermelons, Morning Glory's I've had the Morning Glory's for 6 years. Lost them down to 2 polyps about a year ago when the dinos were bad.
Pink goni 20-3-24 (1 of 1).jpg

Pink goni added a few days ago from my one of my LFS

Bam Bam's, Sour Lemons and a no name paly I got recently.

SourLemons 20-3-23.jpg

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goni and Morning Glory zoas about 3 1/2 months later. Goni has put on a bunch of heads...as have the zoas.

Pink goni 20-7-6.jpg
Hey salty! Looking great! I had an ORA red goni that was a dino casualty that I miss. I also really love the look of zoas but I have always been concerned of paly toxins. Do you have any words of wisdom on that subject?

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey salty! Looking great! I had an ORA red goni that was a dino casualty that I miss. I also really love the look of zoas but I have always been concerned of paly toxins. Do you have any words of wisdom on that subject?

Certainly no expert, but from what I've read only certain species have significant levels of palytoxin....mainly the ugly, large green, brown and yellow palys. Zoas seem to have very little as do the palys that more resemble zoas. If I cut tissue on them fragging I usually wear gloves and "almost" always refrain from using a saw when fragging palys. Aerosol and topical contamination with paly toxin is way over blown IMO. Almost all the medical articles dealing with palytoxicity are when it was ingested with seafood. As long as you don't literally "cook rock" (there are some dummies that have done that) with palys on them and use good common sense I think the danger to reefers is far less than bacterial and fungal infections that are more common.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little video from tonight. The wrasses were pretty full so they weren't going after the nori like they usually do. Watch at the end when one of the Zebra Barred Gobies tries to eat a piece of nori bigger than his head. The new wrasse was introduced to the DT today....acts like she's been in there a year.

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great David! Redtail new? Where'd you get her?

Also that Exquisite has some really nice yellow markings!

HAHA! Yeah my little Komahara blennies try to eat the biggest pieces of Reef Frenzy. The wrasse and tang try to swipe it but know better with the blennies fangs. Pretty funny!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back