Sam's Oceanic 120 - DIY solutions

I'm still a sock jockey :( don't turn me in!
Super Troopers Police GIF
 
Hey Sam what 3d printer are you using? Or recommend for a beginner?
I think there are a few considerations and I'm by no means extensive in my knowledge.
If you have the scratch, a BambuLabs with AMS is the way to go but you can gnash your teeth for a lot less.

I can say I've had luck with Creality but that I'm also pretty tech savy and very stubborn; and that Micorcenter is 15min away and they have alot of replacement Creality parts.

I think all the printers have hot-end issues. but I do think you should try for, if Creality, one with the Sprite HotEnd. Core XY is nice for print clarity at high speed but for simplicity sake you may want to stick with an ender style printer; CR-10 if you want a larger bed which is nice but not necessary.
Sovol's have gotten decent reviews...

They are all pretty much running Merlin or Klipper... They are all using the same steppers, pulleys, belts, you name it... its really just the implementation of the same garbage in most of them.

My cnc and I think a bunch of the Vorons run GRBL
 
Last edited:
Hey Sam what 3d printer are you using? Or recommend for a beginner?
Ender 3 Max Neo is what I'm using. It was a toss up between the Sovol, Ender 3 Max, and the Longer LK6.

Ender 3 S1 Pro and Ender 3 Neos have the Sprite already installed (I believe) but you can buy one on Amazon and swap it out if you buy one without the Sprite.
 
I don't know what version this is but says something about the Sprite?

Creality Ender 3 V3 SE 3D Printer, 250mm/s Faster Printing Speed CR Touch Auto Leveling Sprite Direct Extruder Dual Z-Axis Auto Filament Loading Ender 3D Printer Print Size 8.66x8.66x9.84 inch https://a.co/d/dd46oFU

Hubs did ZERO research and tossed this in the cart.
 
I don't know what version this is but says something about the Sprite?

Creality Ender 3 V3 SE 3D Printer, 250mm/s Faster Printing Speed CR Touch Auto Leveling Sprite Direct Extruder Dual Z-Axis Auto Filament Loading Ender 3D Printer Print Size 8.66x8.66x9.84 inch https://a.co/d/dd46oFU

Hubs did ZERO research and tossed this in the cart.
Sprite AND the CR Touch Auto-leveling is helpful.
 
I don't know what version this is but says something about the Sprite?

Creality Ender 3 V3 SE 3D Printer, 250mm/s Faster Printing Speed CR Touch Auto Leveling Sprite Direct Extruder Dual Z-Axis Auto Filament Loading Ender 3D Printer Print Size 8.66x8.66x9.84 inch https://a.co/d/dd46oFU

Hubs did ZERO research and tossed this in the cart.
That's not a bad one to start with, check and see if microcenter has them for $99 with a coupon.
 
I don't know what version this is but says something about the Sprite?

Creality Ender 3 V3 SE 3D Printer, 250mm/s Faster Printing Speed CR Touch Auto Leveling Sprite Direct Extruder Dual Z-Axis Auto Filament Loading Ender 3D Printer Print Size 8.66x8.66x9.84 inch https://a.co/d/dd46oFU

Hubs did ZERO research and tossed this in the cart.
thats a decent one. The $100 microcenter ones dont have the sprite.

sprite extruder upgrade is ~$100
 
I know nothing about my needs, just something to start messing around to learn. I have experience with blender and other 3d programs so I think I can pick up when I need to learn.
I also have experience with a blender.
frozen margarita cocktail GIF by Absolut Vodka
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new