Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
can the overflows take it ?
pump is adjustable.
I did however just order a replacement UV so I have to get in there and mess around anyway so maybe its time I just setup the manifold properly.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I clean my glass, everything goes nuts with the debris. I also say send it.

1000015119.gif

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
dang... frozen pipe in main bathroom... :(
were ok till it thaws... already called plumber. probably need to either rip up the floor & shower or get at it from the TV room downstairs... big pain in the ash.
Tanks had trouble keeping up with the heat requirements overnight yesterday... I had to add my backup heater to the frag tank.
I forgot to plug in my doser yesterday after putting my new UV into service... so now my alk is super low...
The old UV broke because the water got into the mechanical safety switch that wont let it turn on unless its put together because I wasn't careful with the seal when I put it together last time.

SnowyFox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
were ok till it thaws... already called plumber. probably need to either rip up the floor & shower or get at it from the TV room downstairs... big pain in the ash.
Tanks had trouble keeping up with the heat requirements overnight yesterday... I had to add my backup heater to the frag tank.
I forgot to plug in my doser yesterday after putting my new UV into service... so now my alk is super low...
The old UV broke because the water got into the mechanical safety switch that wont let it turn on unless its put together because I wasn't careful with the seal when I put it together last time.

I'm dealing with frozen pipes today too. Fun times...

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Pex is super easy if you need to plumb something hard to get to.
Sadly its not to code here.
all copper plumbing and all electrical in hard conduit...

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry about the frozen pipe. That blows.

My tank was having trouble keeping up to temp yesterday too :(. I ended up adding an small extra spare heater and so far its done ok today.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I oversized my heaters on purpose since I know how cold my house can get. PEX is totally allowed here, so when we bought this dump we re-ran all supply lines with PEX. There were multiple existing plumbing issues so that solved most at the time. We did, however, forget the sketchy supply to the shop. It's been frozen for a couple days and we got it thawed yesterday, only for it to break today. So now hubs is fixing that. Outside. He's having a great time.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Weirdest thing... I go up to the upstairs shower which was left open this whole time... dunno. hans grohe so just push buttons...
I start messing with it and get a few drops out... mess more... hot water starts spewing from the spiggot... turns out the hot water works up there now... I have no idea how but it does. I don't hear any other water flowing when I turn off the shower...
Cold doesn't work though... I let the hot run till the tank was cold then turned it off... cold still not running... will try more tomorrow.

SnowyFox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weirdest thing... I go up to the upstairs shower which was left open this whole time... dunno. hans grohe so just push buttons...
I start messing with it and get a few drops out... mess more... hot water starts spewing from the spiggot... turns out the hot water works up there now... I have no idea how but it does. I don't hear any other water flowing when I turn off the shower...
Cold doesn't work though... I let the hot run till the tank was cold then turned it off... cold still not running... will try more tomorrow.
I had some similar oddities in my apartment. My shower would barely drip anything, but if I turned the sink faucet on, water would start pouring out in my shower. Figured out when the faucet was on a mix between hot and cold, water from one line would back feed into the other. I lost my hot water completely though for over 24 hours, but everything is finally working again, with no burst pipes in my unit. Others in my building weren’t so lucky. They had to turn off the water to my entire building a couple times today because of it. Water and really cold weather don’t mix very well

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got back the cold water! omg still pinching myself; but I think the copper held...
I broke open some closed-off dead-space and stuck a heater in it for several hours when I first discovered the issue.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back