Sam's Oceanic 120 - DIY solutions

I need to offer these shroom cages... they're awesome
IMG_9517.JPEG
 
So several plans fell through and I finally decided to co-op the backyard shed I built.
It’s now officially the ParlaShed and it’s getting insulated… not sure if I can get the cnc and all the printers in there but will see…

IMG_9337.jpeg IMG_9340.jpeg IMG_9520.jpeg IMG_9521.jpeg
 
Good morning!
Fragged some of the hammers out of the 120 last weekend. I didn't realize how many times they split in there. Replaced them in their spots; just smaller and got all these:
IMG_9530.JPEG
Got a marbled wrasse from Petco the other day. Given my pyramidellid snail infestation and my overall lack of wrasse, It seemed like the prudent thing to do. He has been in QT/observation with a cleaner goby for a few days now and seems healthy.
IMG_9527.JPEG
 
I got my kid a crappy 2nd hand guitar that cant hold its tune so I'm making him a proper axe...
1738520199567.png

will fill in that top void with clear epoxy and whatever tidbits he wants to memorialize.
 
bit was too dull for the second cut and it failed… will redo it today…
IMG_9547.jpeg
Started a batch last week and it’s going nuts
IMG_9548.jpeg
 
I'm going to start some Phyto so I can start some pods. Any issues running plastic bottles as opposed to glass specifically for disinfection purposes?
 
Wouldn't think so ?light should be enough heat. could be wrong on pods though ?
 
Wouldn't think so ?light should be enough heat. could be wrong on pods though ?
I was thinking pods are refrigerated to slow down respiration and make them last longer but I imagine that also means slower reproduction.
 
I did pods at room temp. just kept them bubbling.

I just get the $4 three packs of distilled water @ Menards. I don't even bother sanitizing... just grow, then put jug in the fridge. When done dosing it I toss it. I replace the jugs with new ones still cheaper then buying phyto all the time.
 
You just add salt to the distilled water to bring the SG up to 1.020?
 
You just add salt to the distilled water to bring the SG up to 1.020?
I add 1/4 cup of salt to get to 1.010 -1.015 SG, then I add 2ml f2 and the jug is good to go.
I usually start a jug @ 1/5th full and incrementally add the fertilized water as it gets greener. Once full, I pour off about 1/2 every few days and replace with fertilized water.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new