Sam's Oceanic 120 - DIY solutions

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are you sealing your print? the prints are water soluble so encasing a magnet in PLA /PETG doesn't help.

You can put a pause in your gcode so when the printer gets to a certain spot it waits for you to put the magnets into the holes then you hit continue and the printer finishes the job.
wow I had no idea. Although I personally assumed that the encasement made them waterproof (otherwise why would they mention sealing with waterproof silicon? Who cares if the seal is waterproof is the entire case isn't lol) maybe the main idea is just an added layer of protection for the epoxy finish so it keeps its protective finish (as the ad also references that it is similar to a phone case, in case you drop it.)

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shed is looking good. Could you move it over to the right about 6 inches?

why are you the way that you are GIF

:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :face-blowing-a-kiss::face-blowing-a-kiss::face-blowing-a-kiss::face-blowing-a-kiss::face-blowing-a-kiss:
JK !I love your comments.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They aren't very strong. I have 3 on the one rack I made from light defuser for it to reliably hold. the frags weren't the issue, the hawkfish was.
My Starry Blenny sleeps on my frag rack with two magnets and it holds. He's a big old pig of a fish! Light diffuser is quite a bit thicker than the print would be so that should strengthen it enough?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Starry Blenny sleeps on my frag rack with two magnets and it holds. He's a big old pig of a fish! Light diffuser is quite a bit thicker than the print would be so that should strengthen it enough?
I can see. I have rack that doesn't fit the frag plugs, so it was an algae clip and hawkfish perch. it was held with 1 but was off balance.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can see. I have rack that doesn't fit the frag plugs, so it was an algae clip and hawkfish perch. it was held with 1 but was off balance.
Unless those magnets are weaker... Like I said, my glass is 1/2" and the rack is 12" long, 5" wide, and 4" tall and made of fake reef rock from Aquarocks. I've bumped it a couple of times and it gets sketchy but it hasn't fallen yet.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless those magnets are weaker... Like I said, my glass is 1/2" and the rack is 12" long, 5" wide, and 4" tall and made of fake reef rock from Aquarocks. I've bumped it a couple of times and it gets sketchy but it hasn't fallen yet.
I added the third cuz I doubted. the suction cups on the new racks are solid for sure.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The shed is looking good. Could you move it over to the right about 6 inches?
lol; actually its in violation right now... town uses google maps to check % airable land - have to pay more taxes if over 50% structure to open land.
I'm ok in that regard; huge backyard for so close into the city... just that I'm supposed to be 5' from the property line.
If necessary, I'll figure out how to slide it forward... till then; mum's the word on my 1.5' clearance (in-line with garage)...
I need to get ordinance to allow me to rebuild my garage so close to the line; which I need to think about replacing soon.
IMG_2257.JPEG

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
pulled the plug on my custom webpage... instead got a Shopify account and set it all up there... I couldn't move the DNS name servers to Shopify because the URL is newly registered so I have to figure out all the AWS Route 53 DNS configurations... managed to keep my Amazon WorkMail account too!

all in all not bad....
Configured Shopify account; added all my current products, and even managed to make a decent custom Theme for it too...
Pretty stoked... now to get more products designed and up!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Shed update! just need to add the flashing around the top of the roof and paint it!
IMG_2292.JPEG
budget reactors: got an old RODI and swapped-out some of the fittings so I can run it like three reactors
IMG_2303.JPEG IMG_2304.JPEG

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_2326.JPEG

Reactors running! I have a little Rio pump feeding them.
Carbon, Phosguard and Purigen.

and I added an Ender Extender kit to one of my printers so I can do fancier Noopsyche and Large one piece EcoTech Light shades. This is the old and new build size...
IMG_2325.JPEG

Last edited:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife said if I can find free curriculum for my kids, I can buy the Ender 3. The hunt begins! I'll probably still hold out for Black Friday deals but I officially have permission with stipulations.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My wife said if I can find free curriculum for my kids, I can buy the Ender 3. The hunt begins! I'll probably still hold out for Black Friday deals but I officially have permission with stipulations.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I've been using TinkerCAD for all my little fun projects. I didn't even think about the fact that they have the free TinkerCAD "school"! Thanks!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back