Sam's Oceanic 120 - DIY solutions

More corals lined up from a local guy... 45minute drive but he has got some crazy nice sps. Once I regain stability which I may have because things don't seem to have gotten worse from last night.

Swipe Up Look Here GIF by UFC

I think my clam is still alive too :D
 
More corals lined up from a local guy... 45minute drive but he has got some crazy nice sps. Once I regain stability which I may have because things don't seem to have gotten worse from last night.

Swipe Up Look Here GIF by UFC

I think my clam is still alive too :D
only because you keep it clean
 
How many people would be interested in algae scrubber kits @ reasonable cost? What would be reasonable price-point for all the machined (& tapped) acrylic for both the scrubber and the stand, the threaded nib-ends, and the lights? I could offer white, black & red acrylic for the stand material, folks would need weld-on and to follow the instructions.
I cant believe how expensive some are... This one is a 300W scrubber? Each light is 150W.

...if it works...
IMG_4839(1).JPEG
 
Last edited:
How many people would be interested in algae scrubber kits @ reasonable cost? What would be reasonable price-point for all the machined (& tapped) acrylic for both the scrubber and the stand, the threaded nib-ends, and the lights? I could offer white, black & red acrylic for the stand material, folks would need weld-on and to follow the instructions.
I cant believe how expensive some are... This one is a 300W scrubber? Each light is 150W.

...if it works...
IMG_4839(1).JPEG
Id be intetested and reasonable is relative don't short change yourself.
 
SICK!

PS. LOL I'm sorry but the part where you "treated you bearings to a little TLC" I'm proud of your restraint.

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF
that's a 10 part series! pace yourself! heh. thanks for watching. I'm still learning howto make captivating footage... lol.. that last rock video set me back...
 
Installed! works like a champ! only had to adjust one little thing to keep the mesh centered on the slit. I only have one light installed at the moment so I made a screen for the other side. its pretty nice being able to lift it the see how things are growing... I am very happy with this project. not very happy with my execution.
I could have completed this without killing a bunch of coral.
It would have been well worth it had I not set myself back.

I plan to add a Noop K7 mini to the fuge and make it a xenia garden and overflow frag space. These will run counter to the daytime light schedule.

IMG_4874.JPEG
IMG_4873.JPEG
IMG_4872.JPEG
IMG_4871.JPEG
IMG_4870.JPEG
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new