Sam's Oceanic 120 - DIY solutions

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230712-200006.png
    Screenshot_20230712-200006.png
    559.8 KB · Views: 92
  • PXL_20230712_212743990.jpg
    PXL_20230712_212743990.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 95
So stoked! Got some new router bits and they make clean work of 5mm acrylic!
In the business of making some dope lids? :D might be less than getting a 3d printer, making a cnc myself. But far less of an adventure.

Or whats the plan on acrylic ???
 
So any reply on the tank.....gotta snag it b4 your wife gets back lol
I’m sure even if the wife got back before he could snag it he’d come up with a way to get it passed her lol
 
That tank is long gone. guy probably moved out of state. could flip the 2 FXs for more then the whole thing...

Well, I think the printing stuff is just for convenience; I think if ParlAquatics is going to be successful, I need to do acrylic stuff. And I can! May keep my existing cnc and build another larger one with those parts. one that can do lids.

lids are hard though because rely on customer measurements of their tank and those are usually wrong...

I could just get sign-off on the drawings I suppose.
 
That tank is long gone. guy probably moved out of state. could flip the 2 FXs for more then the whole thing...

Well, I think the printing stuff is just for convenience; I think if ParlAquatics is going to be successful, I need to do acrylic stuff. And I can! May keep my existing cnc and build another larger one with those parts. one that can do lids.

lids are hard though because rely on customer measurements of their tank and those are usually wrong...

I could just get sign-off on the drawings I suppose.

For cutting lids, have you thought about using a woodpeckers jig or a set of bushings to use with templates for a handheld router? There are several knock-off versions of that woodpeckers jig.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new