Sand question

It’s most likely the fine sand type (Oolite?) that you bought and your eel / goby who is stirring up the sand into the water column.

Do you frequently go in with a turkey blaster to clean your rocks and coral?

I also point my powerheads up to the water surface, if not on an anemone directly.
 
I do not turkey baste the rockwork. Figured I would stir it up and it’d once again settle on corals and everything. I can start doing it though
It’s most likely the fine sand type (Oolite?) that you bought and your eel / goby who is stirring up the sand into the water column.

Do you frequently go in with a turkey blaster to clean your rocks and coral?

I also point my powerheads up to the water surface, if not on an anemone directly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new