Sand Recommendations

Zaven D

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2017
Messages
190
Reaction score
146
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I am booting up my second tank.

I know everyone is pro for bare bottom when keeping sps tanks, however I cannot live without wrasses especially leopards. So this begs me to ask my fellow reefers what sand are you using / recommend? I’ve been looking at the Af Bio Sand, and special grade.

Would love everyone’s thoughts.
 
Special grade would be best if you want sand or get a mixture as well fine with more coarse and mix them together. Keep in mind though fine would be best if you went DSB.
 
Higher flow tanks figi pink or special grade but I absolutely love oolite
 
All great choices!
I’m still debating happy to take any recommendations as this puppy still has a long ways to go before it’s ready
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 98
What about Aragonite?

I have a 10 gal temp tank with it

Looks great
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new