Sand shifting goby & 3 snails in sand

  • Thread starter Thread starter JennyH3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
18
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 strawberry conch & 2 super Tongan nassarius snails In my daughters 30 gallon tank.

I would like to add a sand shifting goby. Would the goby and snails be fighting for food in the sand?

if not what goby can I get. Assuming the diamond would be to large. I’ve researched smaller sand shifting: could I do a court jester (rainforord) goby or an Oranet crosshatch. is there another sand shifting goby that is small?
the diamond is my daughters favorite “pretty” wise.
 
You could get a diamond goby that is eating prepared foods, most of mine that I have kept ate frozen. But yes it would probably outcompete your snails.

Court jester goby is a decent idea, get one eating frozen though. Biota has captive bred ones, definitely the best option and actually not that much more expensive. Probably wont outcompete your snails that bad
https://www.algaebarn.com/shop/captive-bred/fish/gobies/court-jester-goby/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new