Sand Sifting Star Jumping Off Glass?

BenDepasquale

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2016
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a sand Sifting starfish and it has been going up the front pane of glass and jumping off. Anyone have a idea on what might be going on. The tank is 40 gal. There are 2 clowns, a firefish, and a 6 line wrasse.
 
Mine dose it too once in a while. But you should get rid of that star fish as it will probably die in your tank. People say that they will starve to death in a tank less then 500gal. I have been meaning to take mine back to store.
 
Mine dose it too once in a while. But you should get rid of that star fish as it will probably die in your tank. People say that they will starve to death in a tank less then 500gal. I have been meaning to take mine back to store.
Oh. Is there a good starfish that I could trade it in for?
 
Brittle stars and a serpent stars. I think are the only ones that can live long term in a tanks under 300gal. But I could be wrong. Hopefully others will post there oppinoins
 
I have one in my 55gal for 3 years now.
Wow. Maybe I'll leave mine. He has been in mine for 9 months. Every one say they will eat all the good stuff out of sand then starve to death. I had a linkia star in my 180 for almost two years before I gave him to a friend. People said he would die also. So who knows.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new