Sand sifting star?

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
665
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty gnarly looking sand bed and I feed pretty heavy on pellets for my pajama cardinals and 1 clownfish if I would get a sand star would that eventually end up starving? I have a fighting conch and 2 other nassarius snails.
 
I would not put a starfish in your tank unless the tank has been up and running a minimum of 1-2 years. Two years would be better.
They will starve in newer tanks.
Take a look at a diamond sand sifting goby.
I have one in my frag tank and have not had to touch the sand in a year.
I also have 10 nassuris snails that move the sand around in my 45 frag system.
When I feed pellets to the peppermint shrimp the snails charge out of the sand looking for them.
Its pretty funny, lol.
You can see the diamomd goby in the right corner.
 

Attachments

  • 20201209_171114.jpg
    20201209_171114.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 87
I would not put a starfish in your tank unless the tank has been up and running a minimum of 1-2 years. Two years would be better.
They will starve in newer tanks.
Take a look at a diamond sand sifting goby.
I have one in my frag tank and have not had to touch the sand in a year.
I also have 10 nassuris snails that move the sand around in my 45 frag system.
When I feed pellets to the peppermint shrimp the snails charge out of the sand looking for them.
Its pretty funny, lol.
You can see the diamomd goby in the right corner.
Ok and dang that’s a big goby
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new