Sanjay's Wrecking Ball Robusta

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of three corals that each deserve their own threads.
This thing makes the Homewrecker look dull.
wrecking ball.jpg

A top-down that I took with my phone
wrecking ball2.jpg

And, just for fun, an actinic shot with a light orange filter ( other than the reflected blue light in the tips, this is surprisingly true-to-life)
wrecking ball3.jpg

Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful and hard to grow acro! Well done! Not rare but rare in the fact that not many people can grow them to well straight from the wild for some reason. Great photos too.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now thats what I was talking about Tony !! Somehow its epitome of all acros from all pics I have seen of Sanjay's Robusta. Love it and thanks for sharing.
Interested to see how it performs in a different tank like yours and still trying to make some arrangements to get a frag :)

Regards,
Abhishek

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful and hard to grow acro! Well done! Not rare but rare in the fact that not many people can grow them to well straight from the wild for some reason. Great photos too.

IIRC, robusta is a shallow coral that needs warmer, daylight spectrum. His panels at 100% on all channels probably help him here with much of the warmer spectrum that many people forsake anymore.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember seeing this on Jake videos: "Robusta slash abrotunis: blah blah, hence my failed Google search :D, Thanks for sharing.

I'll always appreciate a colorful coral allowed to grow to its full potential in more natural light so this has to be one of my favorites.

OP
OP
tnyr5

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Lord, I go away for a day to sing and I come back to an exploding inbox lol. It's Sanjay's coral, I just helped him take the pics. Twice a year, at the big spring & fall swaps in Ohio, as well as occasionally in PA, I help him trim his tank & take his frags to sell. That's the only way to get frags right now.
I'll see if I can get a side-shot the next time I see him.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back