SaraB's 183G Rimless AGE Downgrade ;-)

Did you get the video to work yet? I keep refreshing the page and don't see it.

Have you thought about using the plastic cord covers that are the same colors as walls to hide the cables coming from the fixture. Lowes and office supplies stores sell them.
 
Did you get the video to work yet? I keep refreshing the page and don't see it.

Have you thought about using the plastic cord covers that are the same colors as walls to hide the cables coming from the fixture. Lowes and office supplies stores sell them.

It was just the picture of the new fixture over the tank and not a video.

I plan on attaching the cords to the black metal light holder so they'll blend in with those.
 
Sara looks great!!! Are you happy with the light rack? Looks good to me and I am considering having one made. How does it attach in the back?
 
Sara looks great!!! Are you happy with the light rack? Looks good to me and I am considering having one made. How does it attach in the back?

I'm pretty pleased with it. If you go with one, go with basic black color is my suggestion and it'll look great with your white cabinet!

The 2 arms bolt on to the back of the stand and there are 2 stabilizing/support bars that connect the 2 that are just below the rim on the back of my tank ... so you can't see them.
 
Here's the "bum" of the fixture with the 12 bulbs loaded prior to hanging.

T5sLoaded.jpg
 
Looks good love the simply light hanger. Holy Cow that is a light of light bulbs!
 
Here's pics Gary took of 2 of the new arrivals:

Macropharyngodon geoffroyi
ddmacropharyngodongeoffroyipottersleopardwrasse02-26-1101.jpg



Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis
ddctenochaetushawaiiensis02-26-1101.jpg
 
You just keep bringing out the awesome fish, Very nice. Lovin the Maginalis. Hows feeding going?
 
You just keep bringing out the awesome fish, Very nice. Lovin the Maginalis. Hows feeding going?

I try, I try!!! The Marginalis is more interested currently in picking off the rocks rather than eating prepared foods. He's from Divers Den, so I know he will eat it when he's hungry!
 
Great looking fish. Great looking setup.

Thank you very much!

Thanks for the pics Sara!! The Chevron looks beautiful!! The wrasse isnt to bad too :wink:

Yes, both are great looking fish. Gary does a fantastic job of capturing them in photographs!
 
Wow great looking fish, and tank looks great also.
Thank you Eric, and welcome to R2R. I see you are from Eau Claire … I have fond memories as a grad of UWEC and Water Street, of course ;)
 
Ive met you A few times at foster and smith.I didn't know you were a grad of UWEC. Are you going to foster and smith's open house next month?
 
Sara, new fishies look awesome! one day, I'll have the urge to add a Chevron. keep us posted on his progress. I've always wondered how long it'll take for him to have mature colors. I just love the orange when they're juvi.
 
Ive met you A few times at foster and smith.I didn't know you were a grad of UWEC. Are you going to foster and smith's open house next month?

Gotcha and yes, I had some fun there in Eau Claire ;)

I'll have to skip the next open house in May ... if you can try and count the number of bags in my system acclimating, you'll understand why!!!



Sara, new fishies look awesome! one day, I'll have the urge to add a Chevron. keep us posted on his progress. I've always wondered how long it'll take for him to have mature colors. I just love the orange when they're juvi.

He's a little test fish to see how long he will keep his colors before he turns to a nice turd brown shade ;)
 
Nice additions Sara! They are both on my 'needum" list. Hopefully your chevron will looks like some of the pics on the web with the chocolate brown and light green pattern.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new