OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also was in town today and got a hang on filter witch I am using as a refugium, kind of, need to get the right lights and also make some adjustments to the lid as I can't close it all the way :p Also installed new Tunze filter, like the low profile.
Photo 07-11-2018, 19 55 37.jpg

OP
OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: so everything was ok but now the dark clown got spots all over it. noticed it today. Tomorrow I get the meds and hopefully they work. I fell so bad for them... And am super angry at the store as I extra drove 3h to go to a store with good reputation for saltwater...

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunate, all fish should be QT at your end and medicated before adding to main tank.
Although love the tank and rock work.

OP
OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunate, all fish should be QT at your end and medicated before adding to main tank.
Although love the tank and rock work.
As I am not planing to have corals for some time I am planing to treat the fish in this tank, first time happened to me and I did not expect to get sick fish, never happened in freshwater :/ just hope the medication will work.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off welcome! I think you are the first Slovenian reefer I’ve seen on here.

Depending on the meds, they will not mix well with invertebrates. Copper based medication will kill them quickly.

You can whip up a simple QT with any 5 gallon bucket, a heater, and a simple bubbler or power head to move water. Is there any way to get them away from the main tank/rock?

OP
OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off welcome! I think you are the first Slovenian reefer I’ve seen on here.

Depending on the meds, they will not mix well with invertebrates. Copper based medication will kill them quickly.

You can whip up a simple QT with any 5 gallon bucket, a heater, and a simple bubbler or power head to move water. Is there any way to get them away from the main tank/rock?

I can set up a QT in a bucket.

OP
OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Qick Update:
Fish are doing well seemed to respond to treatment. Will be going back into the main tank probably February. And I am also planing to get first corals saved up a bit and can’t wait to get them. Water quality is good, nitrates are around 25 but understandable as I ran out of salt and skiped water changes. I am also planing to get a ato system and a new skimer

OP
OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some algae problem, maybe a bacterial bloom. But nothing to serious. Fish going into the tank after I do a water change, got some better quality water finally. Plan to get a bigger cleaning crew and later some soft coral.

IMG-7364.JPG IMG-7365.JPG

OP
OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Wanted to transfer my fish back to the tank after QT well turns out they still got ick or something... don't know what to do anymore. Gave them some medicine first time they were ok and now.... At least they act normal and eat. yay for me... :(

OP
OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: fish are doing fine, Tomorrow I get a bigger cleaning crew and also a inexpensive small mushroom coral, I am super excited, hope everything goes well, parameters are ok :D:D
Takes a bit slower to build up my tank, but I rather take it slow and right than rush things:):)

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear the fish pulled through!

You’re right to take it slow. Slowly is the only way the achieve a successful reef. Nothing good good happens fast.

Mushroom is a great choice for first coral addition. Good luck ;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Woho, got my CuC and first coral!!! Totally excited, everything is alive and well. After acclimating the crabs went right to work, snails are a bit slower but also moving. As of writing the coral opened up so thats a good sign. I also dipped the coral just to be sure there are no hitchhikers. I turned the lights on just to take the picture, will be having the lights off for a couple of hours then turning them on a bit just so it's not to much for the animals.

Just one question do snails sleep? The one snail that I had in the tank for around 5 months now, is on the glass it moved a couple of hours ago but now it is just chilling in the same spot.
IMG_7921.jpg IMG_7922.jpg IMG_7924.jpg IMG_7925.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Greta to hear. Just go slow and take some time to enjoy the tank

OP
OP
S

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greta to hear. Just go slow and take some time to enjoy the tank
I am so happy, I will, planing to se how all goes and if everything goes to plan will defiantly get some more corals, they are like candy lol:)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am so happy, I will, planing to se how all goes and if everything goes to plan will defiantly get some more corals, they are like candy lol:)
Welcome to the excitement of reefing

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back