Saved Forum Draft Location?

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reef family - I started working on a new build thread and halfway through the building of my message I saved it as a draft. Now I can't find how to resume that post - I put together a lot of text and detail and would hate to have to start if over again. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
was it the first post in the thread? If not - it shoudl still be saved underneath. (For example - I started typing in this thread - and then came back - and it was still here. That said - I agree with you I see how to save and delete. I believe if you save it - when you go back to the thread like in your content - the draft is there. (it is just not posted yet)

OP
OP
Leiph86

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was it the first post in the thread? If not - it shoudl still be saved underneath. (For example - I started typing in this thread - and then came back - and it was still here. That said - I agree with you I see how to save and delete. I believe if you save it - when you go back to the thread like in your content - the draft is there. (it is just not posted yet)
It was the first post to a new thread that I hadn't created yet - that's the difficulty I think I'm facing.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was the first post to a new thread that I hadn't created yet - that's the difficulty I think I'm facing.
Actually - I dont think it is LOL - I think there is some hidden place.... Because I just created a new thread called 'test' - and saved it as a draft. I thought that post would be somewhere in my 'my content' area - as a draft - and that I could just go back to it - and click delete draft - and then continue to type and then 'post it' that did not work - I cant find my original post - but I'm still looking:)... One idea would be to post the question in the 'help' forum. Which you can access by going to the bottom of the page - and clicking on 'feedback/help' link..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try this:

Go to the forum where you created the thread.
Click on the 'Post thread' button
Your draft will show up. (at least mine did)

OP
OP
Leiph86

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this:

Yeah I tried that - I'm assuming the draft is only saved for a short period of time if it's for a new post. Oh well. I suppose this time I will create my draft in a word document and paste it into R2R. Thanks for the suggestions and help.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I tried that - I'm assuming the draft is only saved for a short period of time if it's for a new post. Oh well. I suppose this time I will create my draft in a word document and paste it into R2R. Thanks for the suggestions and help.
Try this then:

click the small "Quote" Icon
Mine kept showing up until I deleted it.

I just saved this post as a draft - quit R2R and it came up automatically when I opened the thread.
I then closed the window - and cleared the history quit the browser and it was still here. Are you positive that you went to the correct 'forum' before you clicked post thread? In any case you might be correct - it might be that it has to be re-opened within a certain time....

OP
OP
Leiph86

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this then:

click the small "Quote" Icon
Mine kept showing up until I deleted it.

I just saved this post as a draft - quit R2R and it came up automatically when I opened the thread.
I then closed the window - and cleared the history quit the browser and it was still here. Are you positive that you went to the correct 'forum' before you clicked post thread? In any case you might be correct - it might be that it has to be re-opened within a certain time....
@MnFish1 - Unfortunately, this did not work for me either - again I believe this is likely due to my draft being about 5 days old and I'm assuming they purge drafts after a period of time to prevent their servers from being overloaded. I truly appreciate the 'debugging' on your side to help try and figure this issue out.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@MnFish1 - Unfortunately, this did not work for me either - again I believe this is likely due to my draft being about 5 days old and I'm assuming they purge drafts after a period of time to prevent their servers from being overloaded. I truly appreciate the 'debugging' on your side to help try and figure this issue out.
I posted it on the 'help' forum - becasue - I didn't even know there was a draft saving option!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back