SB Reef Lights

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me what you guys think of SB Reef Lights and how they compare to others for the price and quality. If you have one tell me which one and how big the tank is. Just curious because there site is not really great at explaining each one specifically.

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find anything out I have been looking to see if anyone has success with sps only tank this is number one in my list if it can do it

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in these also. Fb has lots of pictures and reviews are great. @Dtackett hopefully will chime in he's said he's had experience with them and knows others also with them.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just shipped out a couple days ago. Won't be here until Tuesday next week. @Dtackett said he could review them based on his friends lights that he's seen over his tank. But he says he knows the work that was put into these lights and sounds like he would approve.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know what you think of them which one did you get. I'm looking at the 32" WiFi. Post pictures and reviews on em when you get it n after running awhile again. I'll definitely be watching for em.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Sbox extreme wifi. Was gonna go with the Sbox 16 in ramping but I figured wifi was cooler lol. Can't wait for them to come in and set them up! I'll definitely get some pictures and post them when they get here.

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 32 WiFi is what I wanted to get I'm sure its good for most corals I have a hydra 52 for lighting now and love the growth i get on sps but I'm going to a larger tank and wasn't sure whether or not to get another hydra or a sb light and use the hydra on frag tank hydra lighting $1200 or sb like $450 big price diff ... Philips is coming out with the coral care but I'm thinking the release is going to be a wile and I can't wait that long

40Gallon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 32" Pro Timer yesterday & it's over my 40Breeder, It is well constructed & heavy. Very bright so turn down the intensity to start. Those that have them say how wonderful they are & rave about their coral growth. Mike apparently used his own schematics when designing the LED layout and based it on known Coral traits. I know what Reef Shop that converted all their coral tanks to SB LED's(Summer Aquatics if my memory is right).

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I seen a lot of people talk about how great they are but when I look at their photos it's always a new tank or little to no SPS which makes me very hesitant because I've got a lot of nice SPS I don't want to starve for light

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 32" Pro Timer yesterday & it's over my 40Breeder, It is well constructed & heavy. Very bright so turn down the intensity to start. Those that have them say how wonderful they are & rave about their coral growth. Mike apparently used his own schematics when designing the LED layout and based it on known Coral traits. I know what Reef Shop that converted all their coral tanks to SB LED's(Summer Aquatics if my memory is right).
That's what I'm looking to use it over is a 40b. Please post updated reviews after you've used it for awhile please and pictures would be nice for everyone.

Zane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm waiting for my 30" elite to show up any second. It will go over my 40b. I've never used one, but have all the confidence that it'll live up to expectations, since I know Mike pretty well, and he's very knowledgeable about light spectrums, and what corals need for growth/color. His lights are different from regular boxes, because of the spectrum, layout, and having true uv installed. I'm pretty stoked about getting mine.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm waiting for my 30" elite to show up any second. It will go over my 40b. I've never used one, but have all the confidence that it'll live up to expectations, since I know Mike pretty well, and he's very knowledgeable about light spectrums, and what corals need for growth/color. His lights are different from regular boxes, because of the spectrum, layout, and having true uv installed. I'm pretty stoked about getting mine.
Post some pictures when it comes! Can't wait to see what it looks like.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm local to mike and have seen his tank in person and can vouch that the lights grow and keep the colors of sps very well. I ordered the replacement board for my tank but have not gotten it yet.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well everyone post pictures on here when you get them up and running. I'm sure a lot of people would love to see them and hear some reviews.

Back