SB Reef Lights

Lunar Mike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have 2 of the 16" SB Reef Lights on the way for my Nuvo SR-60. Tank is 36" long and the light mounts are too short. They should fit mounted front to back on the tank though.

I'm undecided on hanging them from the ceiling side by side like one long strip(lengthwise) or just mounting them front to back on the tank? I will be switching over to SPS eventually. Any info, opinions or suggestions would be great. Thanks
20180505_133402.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can cut off the curved section of two of the mounting arms and connect two lights in the center. Or you can go to the local hardware store and get aluminum rod stock the same diameter and use that to connect the two lights. Either way, you will need to cut the aluminum. Why not just use the rods that come with the lights.
You can see what I'm talking about with what I did with my lights. Just join the two lights with the cut rod between the lights. I cut mine much shorter than you will likely and you do not need to insert the rod all the way in as I did, but you get the picture...
20180202_071221.jpg

OP
OP
Lunar Mike

Lunar Mike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can cut off the curved section of two of the mounting arms and connect two lights in the center. Or you can go to the local hardware store and get aluminum rod stock the same diameter and use that to connect the two lights. Either way, you will need to cut the aluminum. Why not just use the rods that come with the lights.
You can see what I'm talking about with what I did with my lights. Just join the two lights with the cut rod between the lights. I cut mine much shorter than you will likely and you do not need to insert the rod all the way in as I did, but you get the picture...
20180202_071221.jpg

Sorry for the late reply, I like your idea setting of the lights in like that. Ended up emailing them to chance my order, went with the 32" basic instead. Long story but I encountered problems with the light/s. Just made another post of what happened.

Back