**SBB**- $1,500 Games, Giftcards, Prizes- by codybot-Football Party!!!! 750 WYSIWYG +150 Auctions!!!- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will open the new thread tomorrow and teasers will follow Mid to end of the week
Oh my gosh it's starting so soon! Think I got the go ahead to participate lol. I thought for sure my tank was going to be full and my wallet empty but I started really looking and I'm like I got pleeenty of space left

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Oh my gosh it's starting so soon! Think I got the go ahead to participate lol. I thought for sure my tank was going to be full and my wallet empty but I started really looking and I'm like I got pleeenty of space left
Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats those look amazing we can't wait to see those grown out
If i can get them to propagate I’d definitely be willing to trade with you if you were looking for more. One step at a time though lol i need to make sure i can keep these guys happy first!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
To keep, for now ;) I have Kermit and peach but I'd like another color. Don't know of really any others even from elsewhere
Well for starters, get a yaeyaemensis, it is a much stubbier tentacles version of a frogspawn/octospawn. I think yellow ones are what people want, but orange is a great color too. Their tentacles have way more "spots" and can be shorter and stubby looking vs frogspawn have them spread out more.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well for starters, get a yaeyaemensis, it is a much stubbier tentacles version of a frogspawn/octospawn. I think yellow ones are what people want, but orange is a great color too. Their tentacles have way more "spots" and can be shorter and stubby looking vs frogspawn have them spread out more.
Doesn't look like a grape coral to me. Grapes look like stubby torches.

As been said there are differences between frogspawn. The most often three i have seen are

The one called octospawn. Which now most accept yaeyamaensis to be octospawn. Visually has more spots on the tentacles. And also more raised spots like the spots branch from tentacles. All i have seem have been clearish flesh with colored spots.

Paradivisia the most often seen branching frogspawn. Generally two forms clearish tentacles with colored spots. Like octospawn but less spots and generally larger spots. Almost no branching look to spots. The other color form has colored tentacles with clearish spots.

Divisia is the wall frogspawn. Often referred as true frogspawn. Tentacles look very similar to octospawn in color form and branching of spots.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think the SBB Kermit the Frog frogspawn is a yaeyaemensis, but I don't know what it's skeleton looks like from the photos. That said, it is a real beauty. I've seen orange ones, seems only colors for those. The frogspawn I've seen with pink tips, may more pink than the SBB peach, but who knows how other vendors do the touch up of photos.

I've said it before, but Shane and team at SBB do a great job of selling something that is representative of what you get, or often times understated. The photos on the sales don't scream "Photoshop".

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
next sale might be too close to race car season for me...but looking at this stuff every day is making it tough....

tiger tenuis already pretty happy 1 week in (volcano to the left, black panther to the right.

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 38

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back