SBB - 275 Auctions up now + 80 WYSWYG Corals. Click now to Join!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever had to replace drywall? I'm in the process of doing that through out the whole house and I need to do some sanding..
Any special steps I need to take for my tank?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anyone ever had to replace drywall? I'm in the process of doing that through out the whole house and I need to do some sanding..
outside the usual covering of the tank, i'm unsure if there are other steps.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I get to the room the tank is located in, should I try to move the tank to a different room or will covering it up be enough?

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the dust is nontoxic, but I'd try to seal my tank off. Maybe get one of those sanding attachments that go on your shop vac.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i scraped popcorn off the ceiling above my tank, refiinished and sanded the entire ceiling. Cover it with some plastic but gypsum is inert and wont affect anything.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
monti caps are hard to sell, any more i just throw them out when i cut them back
i give them out as freebies whenever i do trades or sales here in my area. sometimes it works, but no hard feelings as it does grow fast lol

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also remember: less is more with spackle. The less you use, the less you have to sand. If youre working out of a 5gal bucket, add water and mix, search online for the ratio but all sheetrockers add water to the premix all purpose for a cleaner finish. Some add soap on the finish coats but i think thats more of a wives tale jobsite than actually effective, but then again im not a sheetrocker

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i give them out as freebies whenever i do trades or sales here in my area. sometimes it works, but no hard feelings as it does grow fast lol
I can still sell the grafted cap, but the others i toss, even as freebies a lot of people don't seem to want them. I posted on my local facebook group free monti cap and borneman anemones didn't get a single response. couple months later i posted the nems for $5 each and sold a lot of them. so go figure.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can still sell the grafted cap, but the others i toss, even as freebies a lot of people don't seem to want them. I posted on my local facebook group free monti cap and borneman anemones didn't get a single response. couple months later i posted the nems for $5 each and sold a lot of them. so go figure.
When things are free people figure there's a catch...when it's inexpensive people think they got a deal.

evilexotica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i literally had the worst experience with them not long ago!!! gives me a little hope that you had somewhat of a success with them showing up alive lol. perhaps once i use the store credit they gave me i can get a decently healthy fish..
Hate hearing about issues like that :disappointed-face:

I've got nothing bad to report, thank god.

Read lots of reviews, about 50/50, figure I'd take the chance.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hate hearing about issues like that :disappointed-face:

I've got nothing bad to report, thank god.

Read lots of reviews, about 50/50, figure I'd take the chance.
yeah that's why i bit the bullet and tried them out. pricing was reasonable. i figured there would/could be a lot of losses due to the influx or orders coming in and how they only do about a week of conditioning. just didn't expect my order to be practically DOA with no lateness from the delivery.

edit: and now, i run the risk of lapsing my store credit because he hasn't restocked the pink streaked wrasse....

Last edited:

robanister

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to thin it and apply multicoats. Masking tape at lid and cover tank with plastic. Shopvac with sander attachment best but you need a dust collector too. You can make one easy enough

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
When things are free people figure there's a catch...when it's inexpensive people think they got a deal.
yeah, just shows how messed up we all are

also though its like a popularity thing, if people think they are cool or rare or wanted, they want it. I saw some one post some borneman anemones in that same group saying they were rare and asking like 25 a piece for them so i posted mine for $5 (and a warning they readily reproduce in the tank) and now people want them.

and think they are getting a deal...... cause someone said they were rare and mine were cheap

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to thin it and apply multicoats. Masking tape at lid and cover tank with plastic. Shopvac with sander attachment best but you need a dust collector too. You can make one easy enough
Harbor freight has a ****** telescopic drywall sander with dust port. Used it when refinishing my cieling. Cheap and effective still need a shop vac

evilexotica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, just shows how messed up we all are

also though its like a popularity thing, if people think they are cool or rare or wanted, they want it. I saw some one post some borneman anemones in that same group saying they were rare and asking like 25 a piece for them so i posted mine for $5 (and a warning they readily reproduce in the tank) and now people want them.

and think they are getting a deal...... cause someone said they were rare and mine were cheap
I was always posting "free GSP" with coral purchase. Would give em monti caps also. Brought the noobs in and got rid of stuff I would normally throw out.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%

Back