***SBB- Summer Sizzle Sale***- 700 WYSYWG - 400 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 7/13/23!!! $2,000 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do to solve those issues? I think im still battling a bacterial issue and working on getting my ph up. But now add high temperature in the mix for me too. My house is set at 74 but my tank has been between 81-83. I added a fan to the sump area now it seems to stay around 81 but i want it down to 78. All my pumps are DC except for my ac skimmer. Not sure why my temp is so high. In the winter temp was fine but i kept the house at 68.
I identified the offending bacterial strains with an aquabiomics test, put a course of antibiotics through the tank, and got a kalk stirrer (Won from Parlaquatics @Projects with Sam ) set up as my auto top off.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do to solve those issues? I think im still battling a bacterial issue and working on getting my ph up. But now add high temperature in the mix for me too. My house is set at 74 but my tank has been between 81-83. I added a fan to the sump area now it seems to stay around 81 but i want it down to 78. All my pumps are DC except for my ac skimmer. Not sure why my temp is so high. In the winter temp was fine but i kept the house at 68.
Aside from fans, which just increase evaporation to cool the tank, you could chill the sump with a pump, a bucket of ice water, and some silicone tubing

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually can't listen to Kaku or Degrasse Tyson. Much of what they say is 'safe accepted physics' and ignores any new work or theory.
Nah...not Kaku. While based in what physics is he's nothing like neil..I cant stand Neil. Kaku knowledge on quantum computing and things of that nature are great to listen to.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aside from fans, which just increase evaporation to cool the tank, you could chill the sump with a pump, a bucket of ice water, and some silicone tubing
What about freezing bottle of ro water and just drop the frozen bottle in the sump. Have several bottles going so you and change it out. I'm lucky the weather here in Colorado is not that extreme. I open windows early in morning when it's cool, close all blinds a and everything when sun comes up. My sump in my living room is never higher than 79. I also use fans when it really hot. My 180 in the basement is perfect temp at 77-78 because its always cool down there and I don't have to use fans or bottles

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20230717_065612.jpg

Wisconsin Life.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about freezing bottle of ro water and just drop the frozen bottle in the sump. Have several bottles going so you and change it out. I'm lucky the weather here in Colorado is not that extreme. I open windows early in morning when it's cool, close all blinds a and everything when sun comes up. My sump in my living room is never higher than 79. I also use fans when it really hot. My 180 in the basement is perfect temp at 77-78 because its always cool down there and I don't have to use fans or bottles
That just triggered a very interesting idea. What if you put in a heat exchanger in another part of the house that doesnt have all of the aquarium equipment. Have a closed loop water system that goes into the cooler parts of the house and back into the sump? Could be an open loop system, which would probably cool faster

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That just triggered a very interesting idea. What if you put in a heat exchanger in another part of the house that doesnt have all of the aquarium equipment. Have a closed loop water system that goes into the cooler parts of the house and back into the sump? Could be an open loop system, which would probably cool faster
20230717_065916.jpg
#lifegoals

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I identified the offending bacterial strains with an aquabiomics test, put a course of antibiotics through the tank, and got a kalk stirrer (Won from Parlaquatics @Projects with Sam ) set up as my auto top off.
I just got my aquabiomics kit and am trying to get it sent back in before i leave for camping at the end of the week. I added a kalk stirrer but i have to dose to little to keep my alk in line that it doesnt really raise my ph much. Im hoping if i fix the other issues my alk consumption will go up so i can dose more and in turn raise ph. I have a co2 scrubber but with 4 kids, two dogs and a heavy fish population my ph is only around 7.7-7.8.

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What antibiotics did you use/ what strains did you have in the tank? I did a cipro treatment a while back. It helped but i dont think i knocked whatever it is completely out.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
What antibiotics did you use/ what strains did you have in the tank? I did a cipro treatment a while back. It helped but i dont think i knocked whatever it is completely out.
i would do a full chemiclean treastment as well to the tank what is going on with your tank?

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 60 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 72 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back