OP
OP
Barrett

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added my cuc and a few fish to qt. Flame hawk and a yellow tang. Got them from BlueZoo and they arrived on time and looked very healthy. I will definitely be ordering from them again in the future.

IMG_0448.JPG

Robg719

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any idea what kind of algae it might be.
Corraline... Its good! My tank started like that... little green patches here/there, now have dark purples, reds, pink. may eat up some of your nutrients when you need for corals, but in my opinion keeps the bad algae away

OP
OP
Barrett

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build ! How's the yellow tang doing in that tank ?
He is about a week away from coming out of qt, he had a bacterial infection that required 10 days of kanaplex. I am fully aware that he will out grow the tank but already have another tank in mind when I finish my basement in a few months.

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is about a week away from coming out of qt, he had a bacterial infection that required 10 days of kanaplex. I am fully aware that he will out grow the tank but already have another tank in mind when I finish my basement in a few months.
Good deal. I was just wondering how he's going to do in that particular tank. I'm still working on a stocking list and I know that tangs require larger tanks. Always interesting to see how other hobbyist achieve different things

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering. I don't know if I missed it but what return pump you running ? I originally was getting the Red Sea 170 so the pump was sized to that. Now I'm afraid that it won't be enough. I got a ehiem 3000 rated for 792 gph.

OP
OP
Barrett

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering. I don't know if I missed it but what return pump you running ? I originally was getting the Red Sea 170 so the pump was sized to that. Now I'm afraid that it won't be enough. I got a ehiem 3000 rated for 792 gph.

I am running the return pump that came with the SCA kit but I think yours will be fine that is over 10x tank volume.

Good deal. I was just wondering how he's going to do in that particular tank. I'm still working on a stocking list and I know that tangs require larger tanks. Always interesting to see how other hobbyist achieve different things

He is very small less than 1.5". I will update you once I get him in the tank, if he doesn't do well I will give him to my friend that has a 220 gal tank.

OP
OP
Barrett

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a few fish from qt. My daughter named them Ketchup and Mustard. They are really loving there new home, and eating like pigs.

IMG_0537.JPG

OP
OP
Barrett

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for another update, finally able to add some corals from my qt after a 76 day wait. (It felt like an eternity) added a few zoa frags, red plating monti to the side of the overflow, purple and white sylo, and a green and purple plating coral. Picked them all up from a local club member awhile back for an incredible $20. Sorry for the blued out photos still trying to figure out how to take a decent pic. I will post some pictures of the zoas once they open.
IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Barrett

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife has finally started to enjoy the hobby and wanted to decorate the room, and go pick up some coral she wants to add.

IMG_0615.JPG

OP
OP
Barrett

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few pics of the zoas after they opened. The pictures don't really do them justice.

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

OP
OP
Barrett

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white portion of the stylo usually is the areas of growth.. My stylo is one of the fastest growing corals in my aquarium... The tips are always white.
I have noticed that it has grown quite a bit since I got it.

OP
OP
Barrett

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update, everything is doing well, thinking about adding a few fish to qt. A Watchman Goby and a Melanurus Wrasse. Been watching them at the LFS for about a week now.

IMG_0701.JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back