OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is doing it's job, I have zero algae in the DT. But seems how I don't have any fish in the system I don't feed that much.. I'll take some pics of the screens tonight when i get home.

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got a couple of pics taken last night, but when i tried to upload them to my image hosting site they kept failing to upload.. just tried it again this morning and same thing.. I'll keep trying and get them posted as soon as the site starts working.

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no I use tinypic.com never had any problems but something is going on...

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever cleaned the screens yet or has that been the growth since you added it to your system? Weighing my options on an ATS for a future build...

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, how has your RLSS R5i been treating you? I picked one up from Salty Supply too,

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is growth from when I installed it, but it reached what you see in about 2 weeks, and has not grown any more. I suspect the lack of growth has to due with the decline of feedings.

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, how has your RLSS R5i been treating you? I picked one up from Salty Supply too,

It has been great, super silent and was pulling dark skimmate once it broke in. again with the lack of feeding, the skimmate is currently an iced tea color.

NjClem0305

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet setup, haven't started my first tank yet. I have most of my equipment though. Just doing my homework and research. I live in Spokane as well. Nice to see some members in the same area.

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask away on here, there are many great people, and i have yet to find anyone unwilling to help. If you do a build thread let me know i'd like to follow.

NjClem0305

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask away on here, there are many great people, and i have yet to find anyone unwilling to help. If you do a build thread let me know i'd like to follow.
Thanks! Might be a little while before I set it up but I will for sure start a thread when I do.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank and very organized. I've had this set up and it's overall great tank. Only suggestion, is be careful with all those power bars inside the stand bc those stands have a lack of air flow and you can have salt creep build up all over. Best of luck with the build!!

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small update, i pulled the screens from the ATS over the weekend and got them cleaned up and reinstalled. Here are a couple of pics before cleaning.

Here is the left screen (light side)
2yux5q9.jpg

Here is the left screen (water side)
9bgcd1.jpg

Here is the right screen (light side)
2ign8tl.jpg

Here is the right screen (water side)
fkqpfb.jpg

Inside the ATS with out the screens, notice with the clear spray bar it is growing algae in there as well, not a big issue but it needs to be cleaned as well.
205ruj6.jpg

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I have to say once I got it installed and running to took about 10 days for my CUC to take care of the algae in the DT, and I have had zero algae in the DT since. So yea it does what it should. All in all I'm happy with the performance.

CJs Aquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small update, i pulled the screens from the ATS over the weekend and got them cleaned up and reinstalled. Here are a couple of pics before cleaning.

Here is the left screen (light side)
2yux5q9.jpg

Here is the left screen (water side)
9bgcd1.jpg

Here is the right screen (light side)
2ign8tl.jpg

Here is the right screen (water side)
fkqpfb.jpg

Inside the ATS with out the screens, notice with the clear spray bar it is growing algae in there as well, not a big issue but it needs to be cleaned as well.
205ruj6.jpg

diggin this scrubber.... Ive just installed a Water Fall style scrubber on my SCA 120 gallon tank... if you could figure out a way to spread that water more evenly that scrubber would perfect

80% better... these things need a food source to perform so don't be afraid to feed plenty of food to your tank....

my thread is here is you wanna check it out :

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/sca-120-gallon-pnp-build.288842/

B6D57890-743D-44E4-AC16-24A340A4CA4A_zpswifw7uet.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back