OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got the apex VDM mounted as well as the waveline DC2500h controller. Got it all wired up and configured in apex and it's working great. When I start the feeding profile the return shuts off, the sump fills up and the skimmer ramps down to the lowest power setting and does not overflow. The skimmer has been running for 24 hours now and here is what it's done so far.. keep in mind I have 1 fish, 6 snails, and 4 small coral frags.

25u66bb.jpg

2wqvgop.jpg

2yxhic3.jpg

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good man, I'd definitely go slow on stocking fish. You may even consider a qt tank, which is invaluable in our hobby.

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here are a couple pics of the skimmer 4 days in. I am running it a little wet just to help break in.

2s67d6s.jpg

o94z14.jpg

And here is a tank shot...
2whfl3d.jpg

Last edited:

915MANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the BUILD. I really like SCA, I almost got a 150G PNP. The Rlss is a nice skimmer, just customer service isnt as good. Also, I hate that it comes with a floppy seal. But other than that a Nice SKimmer for sure

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the BUILD. I really like SCA, I almost got a 150G PNP. The Rlss is a nice skimmer, just customer service isnt as good. Also, I hate that it comes with a floppy seal. But other than that a Nice SKimmer for sure

Thanks it's been fun, and thanks for your youtube videos!

915MANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well time for an update.. I did pickup another Bangai so I would have a pair again, and they are both doing great. I also added a couple more corals. Here are some pics.

64j6rm.jpg

10gxn48.jpg

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well another week in the books and no fish loss woo hoo! I did add a couple more small softies, a paly and another mushroom. I could not pass up the BOGO sale my LFS was having...

ohmdtt.jpg

29w0md0.jpg

I also added 3 nassarius snails to help keep the sand bed cleaned up...

21aemhy.jpg

On a skimmer note I'm very happy with it. Here is a pic of the skim mate once broke in and no longer skimming wet.

2du06zq.jpg

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From your post, I picked up the skimmer. It was only $133. I found a 5% discount code. I think it's a good skimmer. The SCA skimmer it came with did a good job, just a bit more wet skimming. How's the noise on yours? Mine is a bit loud but not too loud that I want to take it off line.

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably just need to adjust the impeller. Just my luck. What setting is your pump on?

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank. For the sump, I pulled the center divider out and run it backwards. It gave me more room to put a reactor and more water volume. I switched out the return pump for a Jebao DC. That pump drove me crazy with the vibration noise. The skimmer works good enough, but I'm a believer of not over skimming the tank.

What model Jebao did you get the return pump is way to noisy and frankly I don't think returns enough water.

OP
OP
mr70ss

mr70ss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it's been a blast.. I just wish i would have gone with the next size up cable raceway, it's getting VERY crowded. Congrats on your new purchase, you'll love it.

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wish i would have gone with the next size up cable raceway, it's getting VERY crowded.

I'm kicking myself, I read your advice about this many posts ago while I was setting up my own SCA 50G and still bought the smaller raceway to save a few $$ (what a laugh). Already out of cord space and wishing I'd gone much bigger on the raceway. Probably going to pull it and upgrade to the larger size. I can't say you didn't warn me:)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back