Scallop feeding

Just picked up a flame scallop, I was wondering if reef roids would provide sufficient nutrition until I can culture some phyto

thanks
Yea. Just blowing off the rocks works too. powered flake food, the juice from frozen etc. having high dissolved organics is key though. Ive never spot fed.
 
Yea. Just blowing off the rocks works too. powered flake food, the juice from frozen etc. having high dissolved organics is key though. Ive never spot fed.

So I should be able to mix up the reef roids in tank water and grind up some flake food? I'll try this when It get's settled in.

I read some of your other posts on your experience with your scallop. dont be surprised if you get a PM from me
 
So I should be able to mix up the reef roids in tank water and grind up some flake food? I'll try this when It get's settled in.

I read some of your other posts on your experience with your scallop. dont be surprised if you get a PM from me
its a species specific tank.
Paul B speaks a bit about stuff like this here.
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/pipefish.175/
lots of bugs, dissolved organics, heave feeding, and no my nutrints are actually quite low. you have to balance that.
 
1482000589467.jpg


1482000610358.jpg


1482000625894.jpg


1482000639636.jpg
 
youll know the scallop is settled in when it jumps up swims all over the tank and starts knocking rocks over.:D
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new