Schreiba's 83g Miracles Rimless

Albeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very helpful, thank you! How about fastening the 45 degree angles together? Just wood glue or wood glue and finishing nails? Then puddy, sand, and paint. Also - wondering what type of paint you used, how many coats and any primer?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
teamschreiba

teamschreiba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful tank! keep it coming!
Yes more pics please!
Thanks mike and nova! Here's another...

Nice, awesome dimensions super clean,let's see some sump pics.
Thanks tbryan! I'll try and take one soon.

Very helpful, thank you! How about fastening the 45 degree angles together? Just wood glue or wood glue and finishing nails? Then puddy, sand, and paint. Also - wondering what type of paint you used, how many coats and any primer?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
No problem! I used wood glue and finishing nails with a pneumatic nail gun and did the exact process you described. I did use 2 coats of Kilz Latex primer and 2 coats of Olympic ONE flat white paint.

OP
OP
teamschreiba

teamschreiba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and pic's and great looking fish!!!
Thanks!!

So I have a problem, but let me run through the history of fish in my tank...

I started with 3 Bartlett's Anthias, all was well with no issues. Around 2 months ago I added a female swallowtail angelfish, everyone got along great and there were no problems. Around 1 month ago the large male anthias jumped through the tiny opening in the screen top that my tank sitter left open on accident after feeding. The other two female anthias did okay for about a week but since then they barely come out of the rocks because when they try the swallowtail scares them back in. I figured this had something to do with the anthias no longer having the dominant male around so yesterday I picked up a large male anthias and another small female. The anthias have all taken to each other very well but the swallowtail still won't let them come out the rocks without chasing them back in.

So my question, has the swallowtail established the entire tank as her own at this point and needs to go? Or is there a chance this behavior will subside after a few days since the fish are new? I guess if I did it again I would add the swallowtail last but in my research I did not see any indications that swallowtails would be aggressive. I'm thinking it is just this particular fish and/or maybe the tank is just too small for her. I would also really like to see my other fish especially since anthias are supposed to be swimming around the water column. Please let me know if you have suggestions or experience with these types of problems. Thanks!

OP
OP
teamschreiba

teamschreiba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close-up shot of the canopy and shot of my messy sump for those who have asked :p (skimmer is off because I just cleaned it)

One of these days I will clean up the wires a little better.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank looks amazing! More photos?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back